GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Low tire pressure warning on MFD

RoidRage2629

Passed Driver's Ed
**So before anyone skips the story and doesn't read I've spent quite a while today SEARCHING for an answer myself, can't seem to find a similar problem.. (Sorry if I missed one)**

Alright, so I have a set of VMR 701s that I've had on my car for close to two summers. They DON'T have tpms on them and until now everything had been fine. Never had a light on, warning, etc. About two weeks ago I must have ran over a nail, I would come out and see my tire low in the mornings. This was about three days before I was going outta town, so I aired up and went on with my day (no warning light or anything). Right before I went out of town I filled up just to be on the safe side and parked it at my parents for the week. When I got back on Sunday the tire was low but not completely flat, so I aired up a little at the house and drove up to a gas station. As soon as I filled up/topped off all 4 tires I had a low pressure warning show up on the MFD, didn't think too much of it. I got it patched and fixed today but the warning is still on.... The only other time it's ever shown up was last winter when I had my stockers on, I filled up and it went away (They have tpms on them).

So my question: is there a way for me to clear it with driving to a vagcom? Or am I looking over something? All 4 tires are at 40-43psi (225/35 on 19x8.5).

I would appreciate any insight into this!

bhmkv

Auto Body Appraiser
Car(s)
07 CW GTI
If they do not have tpms on them the light should be on. Not sure if it can be shut off. Im guessing yes.

RoidRage2629

Passed Driver's Ed
If they do not have tpms on them the light should be on. Not sure if it can be shut off. Im guessing yes.

The actual TPMS light has never been on and it's not on now, just the warning on the MFD. What doesn't make sense is that everything was fine until I got home. The tire was low before I went with no warning lights, now the tire is back to normal and the warning is still on..

FaLLeNAn9eL

JESUS HATES FLAT TIRE
What I don't understand is how you managed to not have the lights come on without the TPMS. My other set of wheels don't have TPMS in them and the light would come on with them mounted.

The low pressure light might be from your spare but I still don't understand how you were able to drive around with no warnings without the TPMS.

RoidRage2629

Passed Driver's Ed
What I don't understand is how you managed to not have the lights come on without the TPMS. My other set of wheels don't have TPMS in them and the light would come on with them mounted.

The low pressure light might be from your spare but I still don't understand how you were able to drive around with no warnings without the TPMS.

Kinda stumps me too.. I don't know what the PO did before me but I know I haven't touched it with a vagcom yet.

And I saw the whole spare issue on other threads, ill most certainly look into that but I'm pretty sure it also doesn't have a sensor. If I remember the valve stem isn't metal.

melancholygypsy

Bring out the Gimp
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Turn off the warning/sensor with Vagcom. I turned mine off since tpms wouldn't fit in my wheels

Last edited: