GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Low Rpm rumble

Kasper78

I drive a 2007 gti, 2.0t, 6spd manual. Yesterday afternoon when I went to run some errands it was very cold here in Michigan. I let my car idle for a while and drove around for a bit with everything completely fine. I stopped at a red light and when I went to take off again there was a fairly loud rumble. At first I thought it was just me not giving it enough gas but sure enough the issue continued and totally stops once the tachometer goes over 2000. I've only had to car for a couple weeks and bought the car as is so I'm worried about what it might be. If anyone knows anything about this issue please let me know. First time poster by the way.

Neopork

Passed Driver's Ed
How many miles on it? Tell us more about the rumble noise or feeling.
I was thinking intake runner fault, but that usually throws a code I believe.

Kasper78

How many miles on it? Tell us more about the rumble noise or feeling.
I was thinking intake runner fault, but that usually throws a code I believe.
I just hit 80k a couple of days ago. I really would say it's a rumble not a grind or clank or what have you. Like a vibration from a video game controller. My check engine light has been coming off and on for about two weeks but I haven't noticed anything genuinely wrong and haven't had the chance to get it read because of my work schedule.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Neopork

Passed Driver's Ed
I just hit 80k a couple of days ago. I really would say it's a rumble not a grind or clank or what have you. Like a vibration from a video game controller. My check engine light has been coming off and on for about two weeks but I haven't noticed anything genuinely wrong and haven't had the chance to get it read because of my work schedule.

I would get that code read and report back. That is going to help the forum diagnose more accurately. You might want to pick up and OBD reader like OBD Eleven or one of the many alternatives. It's always good to know what's going on with your engine from a code perspective, otherwise you are kind of shooting in the dark.

Kasper78

I would get that code read and report back. That is going to help the forum diagnose more accurately. You might want to pick up and OBD reader like OBD Eleven or one of the many alternatives. It's always good to know what's going on with your engine from a code perspective, otherwise you are kind of shooting in the dark.
Alright so I did finally get the code read and it threw a Code 2096 "post catalyst fuel trim system too lean bank1" looking into it is looks like a lot of people have had this issue due to an exhaust leak. But that doesn't make sense in my scenario because I only notice the rumble below 2000 rpm.