GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Looking to purchase a 08 R32

Roberto.TJ

Was looking for R32/ Now in a search of a 2010 GTI

Before I pull the trigger and get my self a white 08 R32, what do the VW lovers have to say about purchasing a 4 year old VW certified car with 27,739 miles on it?

http://www.cityvolkswagen.com/Vehic...32-2dr_HB_*Ltd_Avail*-San_Diego-CA/1699927303

I have been reading on different forum and found people saying to skip the extra money to purchase the R32 and get the GTI, better warranty and more tuning capability.
I honestly love the sound of the V6 and trying to stay away from the tuning for a year at least and get a car that it would be good over all performance and looks.

I currently have a RSX base and hate the lack of HP, always owned JDM car but now I think I deserve something more classy and German:biggrin:

any information on bushing the R32 will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Roberto.TJ

The R32 does look clean...
Any issue I should look it to? I did read that the DSG tranny had some issues but I don't know how bad it was? Is it something I should look into?

Whats a deal breaker between still getting a R32 and a newer GTI for that price?

I do know MGP are going to suck but is it worth having a R32 18 city and 23 highway. According to the specs it has about 235hp For a 6 cilinter it's kind off shy to what I espcted.

Please keep on posting replies and feedback

Thanks

I do know MGP are going to suck but is it worth having a R32 18 city and 23 highway. According to the specs it has about 235hp For a 6 cilinter it's kind off shy to what I espcted.

Please keep on posting replies and feedback

Thanks

I think you should go to

www.google.com

and

http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/search.php

You should really do atleast 5 minutes of research before dropping nearly 25 thousand dollars on something.

bigbadvoodooguru

GO LAKERS
Car(s)
VW Rabbit
a ton of cars I would look at before a R32 or GTI if I was going to drop 25k. Or 20k. Or anywhere near that rather.

Just curious you aren't interested in any of the new budget cars coming out? Genesis, GT86, BRZ, used 370z, mustang, etc?

Sorry for not having as much knowledge on R32 as you. I have done my part on researching but I waned some more info on the pro and cons on purchasing a R32, now that it's has been 4 years since they came out.

Well when you say things like:

"it has about 235hp For a 6 cilinter it's kind off shy to what I espcted."

It sounds like you have NO idea what you're even buying. How old are you

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
If you have your heart set on an R32, here is my somewhat expert advice since I bought a VW CPO car.

Since the Carfax suggests it was never serviced at a VW dealer (nothing listed anyway) make sure all recalls were done. Make sure you don't need to prove previous service (oil and filter changes, air filter change, brake fluid flush) to maintain your CPO warranty, which is only good until 6/9/2013. Since there is no proof of any maintenance try to negotiate a lower price. Nothing to lose by trying.

Have the dealer change the oil and filter, air cleaner filter, CABIN filter, as part of the deal. Also make them flush the brake fluid.

Check all four tires. To be a CPO car each tire MUST have at least 50% tread left. They must be all the same brand. Check the brakes too. Some dealers like to cheat.

You MUST get both remote key fobs, the Valet key, and the Owners Manual. Also make sure the jack, all of the tools, and the KEY to the wheel locks is there. They are under the rug on GTI's - I'm not sure of the R32. Make sure you have the hook that removes the wheel bolt caps, and the tow hook.

Should be no door or body dings.

I don't see a picture of the inside of the hatch. Make sure the cargo cover is there along with the trunk mat and floor mats. Make them order anything that's missing since I'm not sure items from a new GTI fit perfectly.

Remember - once you leave with the car there's no way to prove something was missing.

Make sure they write on the sales contract that it is a VW Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle. Two weeks after you buy the car call VW Customer Care, give them your VIN, and make sure they have YOU listed as the current owner and that they have it in their system as a CPO car.

Even if your dealer is honest (and they would be the first one in history) never believe anything they tell you - make them put it in writing.

Finally, if the dealer also sells Audis or Porsches or some other "high-line" car where the dealer provides free loaner cars, tell them you want a free loaner car for any service that involves keeping the car overnight, for as long as you own your car.

Good luck!

GTIIII

WATRUDOIN
If you have your heart set on an R32, here is my somewhat expert advice since I bought a VW CPO car.

Since the Carfax suggests it was never serviced at a VW dealer (nothing listed anyway) make sure all recalls were done. Make sure you don't need to prove previous service (oil and filter changes, air filter change, brake fluid flush) to maintain your CPO warranty, which is only good until 6/9/2013. Since there is no proof of any maintenance try to negotiate a lower price. Nothing to lose by trying.

Have the dealer change the oil and filter, air cleaner filter, CABIN filter, as part of the deal. Also make them flush the brake fluid.

Check all four tires. To be a CPO car each tire MUST have at least 50% tread left. They must be all the same brand. Check the brakes too. Some dealers like to cheat.

You MUST get both remote key fobs, the Valet key, and the Owners Manual. Also make sure the jack, all of the tools, and the KEY to the wheel locks is there. They are under the rug on GTI's - I'm not sure of the R32. Make sure you have the hook that removes the wheel bolt caps, and the tow hook.

Should be no door or body dings.

I don't see a picture of the inside of the hatch. Make sure the cargo cover is there along with the trunk mat and floor mats. Make them order anything that's missing since I'm not sure items from a new GTI fit perfectly.

Remember - once you leave with the car there's no way to prove something was missing.

Make sure they write on the sales contract that it is a VW Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle. Two weeks after you buy the car call VW Customer Care, give them your VIN, and make sure they have YOU listed as the current owner and that they have it in their system as a CPO car.

Even if your dealer is honest (and they would be the first one in history) never believe anything they tell you - make them put it in writing.

Finally, if the dealer also sells Audis or Porsches or some other "high-line" car where the dealer provides free loaner cars, tell them you want a free loaner car for any service that involves keeping the car overnight, for as long as you own your car.

Good luck!

:clap:

UGFast89

The Dubster Sith
Car(s)
2007 VW GTI
You have to consider gas mileage and transmission. DSG was and still is in the developing stages and they are notorious for recalls. It is also an AWD. More gas, less mpg. But it's a fun car and rides well with a v6 engine. Too out of my price range. I'd settle with a gti with manual transmission.

bostonaudi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
1995 BMW M3
You have to consider gas mileage and transmission. DSG was and still is in the developing stages and they are notorious for recalls. It is also an AWD. More gas, less mpg. But it's a fun car and rides well with a v6 engine. Too out of my price range. I'd settle with a gti with manual transmission.

X2

I came close to getting a mk5 R32, glad I didn't. I think the mk4 is more fun with a stick. If you're going to spend that consider a new mk6 GTI, much better car!

Mr645

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'08 R32
Were pretty far away, me being in South Florida, but the lease is about up on my R32, also white. Clean, no dings, no dents, no damage, 41K miles. The lease turn in is $19,484 if anyone is interested, otherwise I'll just turn it in