GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Looking for a place that does wheel powder coating.

gm991

Ready to race!
Anyone know where there is a place that does wheel powder coating in the boston area?
What should I be paying for 4 wheels powder coated?

thanks

rich_cpw

Not sure of a place in that area, but there's a bunch of powdercoaters in FL and CA that do free shipping if you want to do a powder coat exchange. I use L.A. Wheel out here in Cali - www.lawheel.com/powdercoat.

If you are just paying for the powder coating itself to your wheels (i.e., no shipping or other charges) it should hover around $100-125 per wheel. If you are paying any more than that , I'd seriously look into the company. If you're paying any less, same deal: make sure they have a warranty on the finish.

Oh, and take pix of your wheels before you take them in. Best to be safe in case they say there is damage or anything (but note that out-of-round wheels are hard to notice).

Hope those tips help!

jc5

Passed Driver's Ed
I swear I saw that, too. Within the past couple of days, maybe.

Alas, my google-fu stinks.

lol, that's why i think of vortex like home depot.

My head hurts as soon as I go there, so I only go there when I absolutely can't find it anywhere else.

rich_cpw

lol, that's why i think of vortex like home depot.

My head hurts as soon as I go there, so I only go there when I absolutely can't find it anywhere else.

Haha! Truer words were never spoken. I may have to borrow that description; I'll give proper credit though ;-)