GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Looking for a car for my brother. MK4 VR6?

kern417

Go Kart Champion
I'd recommend an 05 WRX, (Only 10 years old!)

- Within your price range.
- Lower the miles the better
- Tons of support and upgrade paths for this motor.
- AWD (can race in the snow lol)
- Looks pretty sick slammed
- boxer motor sounds amazing with a TBE.

If you can find an 06-07, that would be even better as that model has the 2.5L boxer engine. (Same pros as above.)

just hope he never has to replace a headgasket.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
I'd recommend an 05 WRX, (Only 10 years old!)

- Within your price range.
- Lower the miles the better
- Tons of support and upgrade paths for this motor.
- AWD (can race in the snow lol)
- Looks pretty sick slammed
- boxer motor sounds amazing with a TBE.

If you can find an 06-07, that would be even better as that model has the 2.5L boxer engine. (Same pros as above.)

Cheap?! :lol: you've got to be joking.

That's by far the most over priced used car on the market. You're talking at least $15k for a 10 year old car with decent miles in decent condition! At worst, you might be able to find one for $10k, but it'll be modded, torn to shit with 200k miles.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion

That's by far the most over priced used car on the market. You're talking at least $15k for a 10 year old car with decent miles in decent condition! At worst, you might be able to find one for $10k, but it'll be modded, torn to shit with 200k miles.

this! i was looking a couple of years ago, fucking retarded prices for a 8-10 year old car.. $20k for a car with 98k miles on it?? and shit interior and was probably beat to hell in the last 90k miles of its life... bought my GTI last year for 20k with 33k on the clock... hell a 2005 impala has more options interior wise compared to one of those things.. :lol:

/rant

SyDiko

Ready to race!

I completely disagree with just about your entire statement. Especially the overinflated price, not sure where you came up with that figure, but its incorrect. If you take your time, you can find an unmodified WRX for a fair price and well below $15k. A quick search and I've found several 05 WRXs around my area, under 100k miles, 'stock,' for roughly $10k. Obviously, one would need to check their findings out in person, but again obvious is obvious.

That said, with any used car you have to take your time. And, I will agree that a majority of WRXs on the market are or once were modified, yet, that can be said for any used performance car - to single out the WRX is unfair.

Like I said, be patient, and eventually you will find a gem among the rough (this goes for anything really.) And, here is one of my five findings, an unmodified 05 WRX w/90k for a little over $10k - quick search.

Last edited:

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
Having to wait it out to find a gem among the rough does not prove my statement false. You're basically stating that one would have to look for a seller that doesn't adhere to the market environment for that car.

For further proof, look at the median prices for the saab 9-2x Aero. It's a WRX with the STI steering rack, upgraded shocks with better interior appointments. They're $4k less than the WRX. That alone is an indictment of the market for used wrx's.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
I completely disagree with just about your entire statement. Especially the overinflated price, not sure where you came up with that figure, but its incorrect. If you take your time, you can find an unmodified WRX for a fair price and well below $15k. A quick search and I've found several 05 WRXs around my area, under 100k miles, 'stock,' for roughly $10k. Obviously, one would need to check their findings out in person, but again obvious is obvious.

That said, with any used car you have to take your time. And, I will agree that a majority of WRXs on the market are or once were modified, yet, that can be said for any used performance car - to single out the WRX is unfair.

Like I said, be patient, and eventually you will find a gem among the rough (this goes for anything really.) And, here is one of my five findings, quick search.
how is it not fair to single out the car in the modified market that always get bought and beat the shit out of... it BY FAR has the worst representation on the used market, anything WRX, or STI has more than likely had the shit beaten out of it. :fighting0030:

SyDiko

Ready to race!
Having to wait it out to find a gem among the rough does not prove my statement false. You're basically stating that one would have to look for a seller that doesn't adhere to the market environment for that car.

For further proof, look at the median prices for the saab 9-2x Aero. It's a WRX with the STI steering rack, upgraded shocks with better interior appointments. They're $4k less than the WRX. That alone is an indictment of the market for used wrx's.

You are skimming my posts, ignoring key points!

I'm not saying the used WRX market isn't price inflated, quite the contrary! And, I agree with you on that point. All I'm saying is that you can find a decent WRX for around $10k. I also provided proof on this point as well.

The Saabaru is a WRX and it IS a much cheaper alternative, but they only made a wagon version. Additionally, they are also quite rare, I've only seen a handful on the road since their release. But... this kind of works towards my WRX point, if you're interested in that body style.

I'm not really sure where your arguments are coming from though? Apparently you have some beef with WRXs? Or, do you have a problem with the people selling them? Lol, either way you shouldn't blame the car for what people do, it's still a a great first performance car if you can get a good deal on one.

how is it not fair to single out the car in the modified market that always get bought and beat the shit out of... it BY FAR has the worst representation on the used market, anything WRX, or STI has more than likely had the shit beaten out of it. :fighting0030:

Lol, they aren't 'rally inspired' for nothing.

You do know that most WRX owners do exactly what we do to our cars? Its basically the same parts per stage.

Last edited:

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
That's by far the most over priced used car on the market.

I completely disagree with just about your entire statement. Especially the overinflated price, not sure where you came up with that figure, but its incorrect.

You are clearly NOT reading my posts!

I'm not saying the used WRX market isn't inflated, quite the contrary! All I'm saying is that you can find a decent one for around $10k, proved proof, and that's it.

You seem to continue to miss this point? Why?

Please explain how I misinterpreted your point? Seems rather logical to me that you were suggesting the used WRX market is not inflated.

SyDiko

Ready to race!
Please explain how I misinterpreted your point? Seems rather logical to me that you were suggesting the used WRX market is not inflated.

3rd time is a charm!

Again, they are not all inflated by your margin! All you're doing is throwing numbers around. I've proved my point with a link. One is better than none, but shall I post a few more?

An $15k for a 10 year old car (80k+ miles) that wasn't limited production? You'd (generally speaking,) be crazy to buy one at that price. You're seriously telling me that you know someone that purchased a 05 WRX for $15,000? And if you do, what kind of person/friend/acquaintance are you where you didn't at least try to talk them out of such an irrational purchase! :)

If not a WRX, than what would you suggest? (Since we've clearly gone off topic!)

Last edited:

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Interior will fall all too hell, headliner and door cards.......If its a sunroof car it will most likely leak

All true...I had busted door lock modules, the latch to open my glove box pulled right off one day, many pieces of the interior had this crappy rubber stuff peeling off of it, my sunroof leaked at some point and you could see the water marks on the tan headliner, my headliner was drooping badly, and my window switch was busted. I might have missed some things. Pretty much every part of the car that was made of plastic had become very brittle and things were breaking all over the place.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
3rd time is a charm!

Again, they are not all inflated by your margin! All you're doing is throwing numbers around. I've proved my point with a link. One is better than none, but shall I post a few more?

An $15k for a 10 year old car (80k+ miles) that wasn't limited production? You'd (generally speaking,) be crazy to buy one at that price. You're seriously telling me that you know someone that purchased a 05 WRX for $15,000? And if you do, what kind of person/friend/acquaintance are you where you didn't at least try to talk them out of such an irrational purchase! :)

If not a WRX, than what would you suggest? (Since we've clearly gone off topic!)

Hey man I'm all about the WRX as a car. But there are plenty of examples of overpriced units to be found.

SyDiko

Ready to race!
(Sorry to double post!)

What about an SRT-4, saw a clean one with 80k on CL for under $9.

They look pretty nice with slammed stance, sound amazing with a TBE, and they make a ton of power for very little money.

Beside the Evo 8, they have one of the crappiest interiors though.