GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Looking at buying a GTI...a few questions

Dejan33

Passed Driver's Ed
I am looking at picking up a 2006-2007 GTI, but I do have a couple of questions... What are the differences between the years? I noticed there seems to be two different climate control systems, is that based on year of the car? Or was it an option?

Also how is the audio system I havent had the chance to take a good look at the GTI so its one of the things I am concerned about, is it a case where it just needs a sub(kind of like the MK4 audio systems) is it fine as it is, or is the whole thing trash? I shall ask more questions as I get them but thats all for now, hope to hear from some of you soon, Ive been snooping on the site for a few months and I figured it was time to finally register. :)

plac

GTI Master
i would call it about the same as the older monsoon stuff. i had a 2004 1.8T, a 2006 2.0T and now a 2008 2.0T. I dont feel a need to change it, but it doesnt have much bass at all.

Dejan33

Passed Driver's Ed
http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73329

for me the stock audio works just fine and as for upgrade audio im not into that sub/amp stuff so i cant help you with that.

I may seem retarded but even after reading over that thread I still dont get it, lmao. From what I understood it was somekind of option between 2006-2008, and now in 2009 its not available? But in Canada it is a little different we dont have package 0, 1, 2 we just have The Luxury package(leather+sunroof), the huffs, and satalite radio, and ofcourse the transmission choice, so my question is can anyone try to explain this to me for the Canadian GTIs.( When the duel climate control comes, and when the single non digital control unit comes)