GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Little Red Light on Door is On...?

JDraft

architectural draftsman
Car(s)
07 BMP 6mt GTI 2dr
For anyone that is still confused, OP is talking about the alarm blinker and not the locked/unlocked lights. This happens to mine as well, but only on occasion.

zooplancton

perma-grinnin'
anyone else thing it's rad that the door light is on, on random occasions...?
thanks vw. mine does it too. weeeeee.

Guticb

Ready to race!
Mine does it randomly.

I found a fix though.

Lock the car with the keyfob, unlock it, open a door. There you go.

You can close the door then btw. =P

doltrev

Ready to race!
Mine used to do this until I had the unit replaced under warranty. There is a tsb on it if you tell the dealer to look it up they have to replace the whole unit. If you are still under warranty just call the dealer and make sure they hook everything up right (some of my driver door functions didnt work when I got it back and had to take it in again)

LI_HXC_VR6

xstartxtodayx
Car(s)
04 B6 A4 avant
Mine does it randomly.

I found a fix though.

Lock the car with the keyfob, unlock it, open a door. There you go.

You can close the door then btw. =P

Exactly.

This happens to me as well on occasion, I used to just ignore it and drive with it being solid red but then one day leaving work it was in this state and my alarm starting going off while I was coming out of the parking garage (kind of embarassing), I pulled over and was trying to hit the button and nothing worked til I just shut the car off, removed the key and disarmed it. Afetr that I now pay attention to the light and if it stays red I'll re-alarm it and unlock again to make sure it's not lit. Gotta love VW's and their quirks :wink: