GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Length of flex pipe in APR downpipe?

white4dr

The Stig
Tried contacting APR but I guess they only respond when people are buying something....

Does anyone know the length of the flex pipe for the APR downpipe? It is leaking badly and I want to order a replacement online and get it welded in.

Thanks!

golfballer78

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08' R32 dsg
they'll just try to sell ya another expensive pipe, if you get the proper size dimensions, you could order a flex pipe from summit racing or something and have somebody weld it on.

Carfreak226

Detailer Extraordinaire
Car(s)
2007 GTI MKV
Talk to Billy Boat Performance exhausts. They built the APR DP's for a long while at half the cost. Much better quality too from what they're selling now. They should be able to help you out with dimensions, if not a replacement flex coupler.

white4dr

The Stig
It actually is a billy boat downpipe. When I bought it back in early 2011 the APR pipe was just a rebranded billy boat. I don't know if thats still the case. I asked for the APR length cause I assume more people have that pipe than the billy boat.

Welding a new flex pipe in is the plan if I can find the length. Neither billy boat or apr have responded to my emails.

Carfreak226

Detailer Extraordinaire
Car(s)
2007 GTI MKV
Call Billy Boat directly. I always use email as a last resort.

white4dr

The Stig
Just called billy boat, they're 8 inches long in case someone needs this information in the future.

They offered to sell me a replacement flex pipe so I just did that

Carfreak226

Detailer Extraordinaire
Car(s)
2007 GTI MKV
Just called billy boat, they're 8 inches long in case someone needs this information in the future.

They offered to sell me a replacement flex pipe so I just did that

This is why I like BB. Awesome customer service!