GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

LED Interior Lights

golfballer78

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08' R32 dsg
And some are can bus with built in resistors that don't throw "error" codes in your display. they tend to charge more for that. my license plate lights are can bus LED.

You're better off getting each bulb individually than their kit. The only interior lights that need resistors are the footwells.

License plate, side marker, signal, etc lights all need resistors as well but the kit you're showing is for interior only.

194/168 wedge bulbs - total: 6
2x LEDs for Front Dome Light
3x LEDs for Rear Dome Light
1x Glovebox LED
$2.99:http://www.ebay.com/itm/6x-4-SMD-Su...Parts_Accessories&hash=item232abcb512&vxp=mtr

39mm festoon bulbs - total: 3
2x Vanity Mirror LEDs
1x Trunk LED
$0.99 x3: http://www.ebay.com/itm/HOT-39mm-8-...798651?pt=US_Car_Lighting&hash=item4acd0d927b

Error canceling 194/168 wedge bulbs - total: 2
2x Footwell LEDs
$1.99:http://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-Canbus-T...Parts_Accessories&hash=item20da09faf1&vxp=mtr

Last edited:

Harabo

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
VW Golf mkv 2005
I bought these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LED-White-1...Parts_Accessories&hash=item2c71783aef&vxp=mtr

And it works like a charm! Quite easy to change bulbs, except for the two map lights! But thats because the old bulbs are quite hard to get out from there.

I love the reaction on people when its dark outside, and someone opens the door :happyanim:

The only "cheep" feeling i got from these was the footwell light, the bulbs were not kept super tight, but i have been driving 10k without the bulbs falling out of position or turn dark.

Because ECS buys them on eBay and marks them up.

OK that wasn't fair, but people aren't generally happy with the Ziza product line.

I paid something like $50 for the full interior + license plates set from deautokey.com and I've been very happy with them. Whenever i unlock my car at night someone asks me where i got them.

They were running a special at the time but they are still cheaper than ECS.

Since i was an early adopter i had a strange issue where the front domes (only front domes) failed - popped right off their bases. Like the solder melted. They sent me replacements that have been trouble-free. They even replaced both of my license plate LEDs when one of them failed after i got rear-ended.

I don't really condone their marketing practices or the tone of their advertisements, I think they're annoying as fuck frankly, but the product works and the customer service is hassle-free.

The major points of quality in white LEDs are how pure the white light is (e.g. whether there is a lot of blue showing through) and whether the resistors are the correct value to make CANbus happy.

I Can tell you that the white i get from the deautokey kit is very pure white with no hint of blue, and i have had no "bulb out" codes nor have i ever had that issue where all of them glow slightly unless i replace one of them with an incandescent. They work just like incandescents, just way the hell brighter.

Roaldtm

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKV GTI
The best hands down company when it comes to LED's is deAutokey I have mine after having issues with other LED's and I've never had an issue with deAutokey LED's. Their service is awesome and they will help you with any issues you might have.

Nitrorea

Ready to race!

OK that wasn't fair, but people aren't generally happy with the Ziza product line.

I paid something like $50 for the full interior + license plates set from deautokey.com and I've been very happy with them. Whenever i unlock my car at night someone asks me where i got them.

Since i was an early adopter i had a strange issue where the front domes (only front domes) failed - popped right off their bases. Like the solder melted. They sent me replacements that have been trouble-free. They even replaced both of my license plate LEDs when one of them failed after i got rear-ended.

I don't really condone their marketing practices or the tone of their advertisements, I think they're annoying as fuck frankly, but the product works and the customer service is hassle-free.

The major points of quality in white LEDs are how pure the white light is (e.g. whether there is a lot of blue showing through) and whether the resistors are the correct value to make CANbus happy.

I Can tell you that the white i get from the deautokey kit is very pure white with no hint of blue, and i have had no "bulb out" codes nor have i ever had that issue where all of them glow slightly unless i replace one of them with an incandescent. They work just like incandescents, just way the hell brighter.

Is this what you are talking about?

http://deautokey.com/product/14pc-complete-interior-license-plate-led-kit-error-free-fits-06-08-volkswagen-mk5-golf-gti

Description says 06-08 MKV GTI. Assuming these will work with 2009 MKV?

Yeah that is them. They must be confused but they respond to email quick if you ask for clarification.

They may or may not be cheaper through ther amazon store.

. :Sent by pneumatic tubes

easy87

l1kez b00st
Car(s)
GTi
Just bought some from eBay for about $10. Work pretty well. Just be aware, install can be a pain. Mainly the footwells. Just depends on quality of bulb. And make sure you take off as much as possible to make the install easy.

RGTI6

Is this what you are talking about?

http://deautokey.com/product/14pc-complete-interior-license-plate-led-kit-error-free-fits-06-08-volkswagen-mk5-golf-gti

Description says 06-08 MKV GTI. Assuming these will work with 2009 MKV?

The listing itself says 06-09, and that is the one i purchased and it works great. They are amazing compared to some other ones I tried out. The main issue I ran into with other brands was the footwell lighting always looked odd and did not cover the entire footwell, deautokey's covers the entire footwell nicely and there is no color variation I guess you would call it, that I seen with other leds i installed in my footwell.

Their customer service is great, my footwell died on me but I think it was my fault as I pushed it in soo far that it caused a short, but they sent me a new one right away. And close to a year later no issues and still looks amazing, great people.

I would stay away from the first link, those leds in the glass with the round bulb look to them do not work or look good, plus it is a 9pc set, that was my first set i purchased before i knew all leds are different.

the $24.99 set you posted from ebay looks similar to some of the ones i got from deautokey but they do not include the license plate leds like deautokeys, i suggest if you go with that one, you purchase the license plates too, it really ties the car together.

Not sure, to me the extra $40 i spent with deautokey never bothered me, i knew the quality i was getting with them since so many people post pictures of their leds and they always look niiiice.

ya, I think they are a bit excessive with ads but all companies really are now a days, a lot of competition. I almost went with ziza leds until i saw deautokey's vortex post and then great feedback. I figured for less money than ecstuning i could not say no.. their damn advertisements also got me to purchase their cree led reverse:
http://deautokey.com/product/led-reverse-volkswagen-mk4-mk5-jetta-gti-golf-super-bright-pure-white

but these are worth every penny, bright as heck and no errors.

i want to purchase their front turn signals, is it worth it though, has anyone tried them???:
http://www.deautokey.com/product/golf-gti-mk6-golf-r-euro-taillight-turn-signal-amber-no-error

and these are for the mk6 and the bulb is h16, will they fit my mk5 gti:
http://www.deautokey.com/product/golf-gti-mk6-turn-signals-error-free-osram-h16