GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

LED Euro tails questions

mjh

vtech yo
I have a few questions for those who have the led euro tails and more specificity Valeo brand tails. If I just want the tails, and no rear fog, is the Valeo set just a plug and play set? Also what is the longevity and reliability of the Valeo brand tail lights?

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
They are long lasting, OEM. I would bet longer than any aftermarket tails. They are not plug and play exactly, you will need to do some coding with vagcom/vcds at least. Some people move wires around but I did not do that. You don't have to wire up the rear fog, you can actually remove the red lens and make it a backup light.

mjh

vtech yo
They are long lasting, OEM. I would bet longer than any aftermarket tails. They are not plug and play exactly, you will need to do some coding with vagcom/vcds at least. Some people move wires around but I did not do that. You don't have to wire up the rear fog, you can actually remove the red lens and make it a backup light.

Thanks for the info, now do you or anyone else know if you can buy the OEM tails from any retailers? All I saw was aftermarket.

Viru5

Ready to race!
You can plug and play them and they will work fine but you will have bulb out on dash unless you do the wire switching, run two wires from each of the tails to the central electronic controller and do vagcom. thats the proper way anything else will throw bulb out on the dash.

EDIT> Here is a great DIY that helped me out a lot.

http://golfmkv.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2490746&postcount=8

mjh

vtech yo
You can plug and play them and they will work fine but you will have bulb out on dash unless you do the wire switching, run two wires from each of the tails to the central electronic controller and do vagcom. thats the proper way anything else will throw bulb out on the dash.

EDIT> Here is a great DIY that helped me out a lot.

http://golfmkv.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2490746&postcount=8

Good to know, thank you. I will keep that thread in mind when I buy my lights.