GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Leather Seats

Freek

Formula 5000 Driver
ok ive searched here and on the Tex...shit even google saw a quick search

i want to know is there any hard proof that the leather seats in pkg 2 are in fact Recaro's?

i know people claim they are and i know some people say the Euro seats are Recaro's...but i want to see some hard proof that the US leather seats are Recaro's

agpatel

Touring Car Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI MkV
Look under the seat itself and see if yuou see a tag, i rmr in my maxima i found one around the bottom were the foam and leather meet, i would go look out right now but its dark...i will try to look @ lunch tomm...but that may be a option, other then that idk?!? umm....

DBCPerformance

OEM & AFTERMARKET PARTS
Car(s)
An Imaginary GT2
i dunno, for the first time i favorede cloth seats on my GTI, just b/c they hold me better in tight turns. Sorry for the hi-jack, i doubt they are Recaros Freek, VW has a tendency to leave a Recaro stiching when they put Recaros, remember the older gens? I might be mistaking tho

Freek

Formula 5000 Driver
Toolman said:
I think I have it written down somewhere in a pamphlet at home......I'll look tomorrow.

yea man please it u have it writen somewhere in a book or something please share...for some reason im dying to really find out if these seats really are recaro's

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
scuderiavw said:
i dunno, for the first time i favorede cloth seats on my GTI, just b/c they hold me better in tight turns. Sorry for the hi-jack, i doubt they are Recaros Freek, VW has a tendency to leave a Recaro stiching when they put Recaros, remember the older gens? I might be mistaking tho
What??? You're saying the cloth seat holds you in better than the leather? THat's the first time I heard that. The bolster on the leather sweat is a definite upgrade and felt much firmer in the turns to me. I've seen a few people say this and the bolster hangs out a little further in the sides as well. I'm not trying to knock ya. I've just never heard anyone say the cloth seat holds you better in the turns. I could see if you're a little on the heavy side then the leather might not fit you because of the tight snug fit and the cloth being a little less noticeable. But that's about it. The leather seat is a by and far upgrade compared to the cloth seats in this car.

slickvic

I scare other drivers
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say no. If they were Recaro, then the VW marketing department would not hesitate to state that in brochures and online. As others have said, the R32 does have them. Regardless they are still awesome seats.

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
I think I get it now. Perhaps I read it wrong before. Are you saying that the cloth holds you better because there is more friction on your bottom vs sliding around in the leather? Perhaps that is what you meant. BUt then Gunnipanic would be under a big misconception as well. Because that sliding around just doesn't happen thanks to the heavier side bolstering. Maybe you guys are just saying that because you didn't get the feature. You know, kind of like people do when they critisize the 18" Huffs or DSG. Either way I thought the leather held me in better after test driving them both due to the extra holding capability of a stiffer more prominant side bolster.

Attachments

• DCFC0066.JPG
    DCFC0066.JPG
    49.7 KB · Views: 422

atomoverride

Ruler of Omicron Persei 8
I dont know what crack you people are smoking but leather is better than cloth. simple answer is always the best. THEY charge more for it. and my favorite leather is included in package 2.

To each his own I say but every brand of manufacture puts leather in thier top of the line or upgraded models or as an Addtional OPTION.

But I will say this Cloth is COOLER than LEATHER, before I got my tint I went into my car on a 100 degree day and shit man I could have fried eggs on my seat. =)

MHS216

Anchors Aweigh
Car(s)
UG GTI 2006
atomoverride said:
But I will say this Cloth is COOLER than LEATHER, before I got my tint I went into my car on a 100 degree day and shit man I could have fried eggs on my seat. =)

Why I chose cloth. and believe me, it gets sooo cold here in the winter that you can literally stick to the leather, and the leather can actually freeze and harden. It happened in my A4.

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
MHS216 said:
Why I chose cloth. and believe me, it gets sooo cold here in the winter that you can literally stick to the leather, and the leather can actually freeze and harden. It happened in my A4.
I have an attached garage and the heated seats work real good in this car.:thumbsup: