GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Land Rover LR3

geee elll eyeee

I <3 UPS
Thoughts, likes, dislikes, etc. I would opt for the 4.4L V8, possibly the HSE model, I am just curious for some outside opinions

Thanks!

vdubin16

Ready to race!
my dad has the range rover sport hse model and its a great car. the 4.4l v8 is no where near as quick our gtis are with the 2.0t, but what can you expect? its an suv not a race car. however, the car rides great and the suspension is perfect in my opnion. also, the attention to detail is awesome and a quality of the parts is great. i believe range rover are the best all around suv's you can buy. for me though the lr3 is a little too boxy but still nice. you should check out the 2011 discovery thats coming out. now thats a cooool car

v-dub89

Go Kart Champion
didn't jdpower rank land rover as the worst car in problems/100 vehicles?

I think so. They are amazing vehicles but tend to break often. And they have very complex 4x4 systems so I'd be afraid of maintenance costs after the warranty is up.

v-dub89

Go Kart Champion
I mean we shouldn't talk since VW is usualy very close to the very bottom of the list in reliability, but atleast it's not last! lol But what I don't get is Audi does fairly well on these surveys. I don't see how they could be that much more reliable from VW's.

smolinski21

Forever like etc...
I think so. They are amazing vehicles but tend to break often. And they have very complex 4x4 systems so I'd be afraid of maintenance costs after the warranty is up.

The 4x4 systems are very complex and work amazingly well...if they are used properly. Both Land Rover and Range Rover are fully intended to be off-road vehicles. They have adaptive systems that are designed for rough terrain. As most consumers of this product don't live in the Sahara or Congo, the car is not utlized as it was intended to function and consequently breaks.

kootenaydub

The Scandinavian Flick
The 4x4 systems are very complex and work amazingly well...if they are used properly. Both Land Rover and Range Rover are fully intended to be off-road vehicles. They have adaptive systems that are designed for rough terrain. As most consumers of this product don't live in the Sahara or Congo, the car is not utlized as it was intended to function and consequently breaks.

Well, not so much any more, even though they keep the complex 4x4 systems, which are still very capable things like 20" stock rims with low pro tires doesn't exactly scream 'take me off road'.

The Defender is another story...

vdubin16

Ready to race!
^ super nice, but they are coming out with a removable hardtop with a full rollcage and some racing seats. i think its called the defender svx

smolinski21

Forever like etc...
Well, not so much any more, even though they keep the complex 4x4 systems, which are still very capable things like 20" stock rims with low pro tires doesn't exactly scream 'take me off road'.

The Defender is another story...

I agree completely. I think my statement was directed more at older models. I was commenting on Ranges being prone to breaking. Certainly now they have transcended the boundaries of their original intent and are catering more and more to their high-end clientel's needs. 20" wheels and a supercharger don't really suit the demands of a rougher terrain.

v-dub89

Go Kart Champion
Those old defenders had solid axles and simple 4WD systems.

Yeah. The new ones have super complex systems where you select which type of terrain you are on (sand, snow, rocks, etc.). I would not want anything to do with that when it breaks.