GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

k04 vs ford GT in one sentence

kev24k

Go Kart Champion
We went from around 20. I obviously had some traction issues. He put a bus on me almost right away, and by 140 he had many buses on me. We had been having some fun on the expressway for a few min before too. The car is such a beast.

kev24k

Go Kart Champion
Its such a sweet sound.

jamie2803

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKV R32
Well, realistically, the Ford GT weighs 3500lbs and according to my research run low 12's/high 11's. Just to give them the benefit, lets say 11.5. They trap between 120-125.

K04 GTI with traction issues from a dig is somewhere in the 12's and a trap speed anywhere from 110 to 120ish. Obviously we don't know details about the runs (speed, roll, dig?) or if the GT is stock, but if it was stock, I imagine the GTI was probably within a few car lengths behind the GT. Not too shabby IMO.

http://www.dragtimes.com/Ford-GT-Timeslip-9935.html

How can you only run a 13.8 with the amount of mods you have

Volkswagging

Don't Hate, Inseminate
1 ford gt rapes 6 gtis combining to form a super gti

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
How can you only run a 13.8 with the amount of mods you have

:thumbdown:

FWD plus a lot of torque and all seasons? First gear was all wheel spin and on the 13.8 run I actually bogged the launch. All my other runs of the day that I didn't bog the launch and lowered my tire pressures, the runs were in the 14's at 102. With a set of DR's I'd be able to do mid 13's I'll bet, but I don't have AWD like you.

Besides, I only drag race when I get new mods and I had the dogbone mount so I decided to try it. I'd much rather autox.:smile:

FWIW, I'm not trying to start anything, but have you ever tried to launch a GTI at the drag strip? A Stg 1 or Stg 2 preferably? They're hard cars to launch properly because of the abundance of torque at such a low rpm.

Full stage 2 and an intake? Then suspension and exterior mods? Sounds fine to me...the 13.8 that is.

Yup. Honestly I may trap a little higher now because I had my cam replaced after that run since I was getting fuel cuts afterwards. But my boost ever since I had Stg 2 (20,000 miles) would always be at 20, then go to 17, then back up to 19 or 20 and so on. With the new cam it goes to 20 or 21 and steadily drops as the rpms increase. It feels a little quicker so I wouldn't doubt if it had a 103 trap in it, but I probably won't go to the drag strip for awhile.

ALPINE6SPD

Ready to race!

boki

Ready to race!
I have an idea! Let us make a group buy where like 365 of us all chip in and buy that W12 Twin Turbo 650 HP GTI prototype so we all get a day in a year to kick some serious but out there...anybody? :drool:

Attachments

• GTIW12650.jpg
    GTIW12650.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 149
  • GTIw12gti_3.jpg
    GTIw12gti_3.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 150
  • GTIw126560_2.jpg
    GTIw126560_2.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 151

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
Is that a serious statement? I can't tell if you are joking or not.

No it's a serious statement. I mean with the proper tires and what not launches will improve, but trying to get decent 60' times is relatively hard IMO. But again, tires, track conditions, and driver skill are all relative.

I had a sneaking suspicion he actually thought the GTI is a hard car to drive, lol.:iono::iono::iono:

Not a hard car to drive, but to launch. I just said that statement because it's almost as Jamie was trying to insult my time. Sorry I couldn't get a better time.:iono:

Again, I'd rather be autox'ing than drag racing. But back on topic.

Sorry for thread jacking.