GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

K04 Setup question

GTIRaider

Go Kart Champion
Currently I run Revo software, I know that their K04 setup uses the RS4 injectors. I've read that this setup isn't very good for colder climates as it has issues starting.

Is this problem overstated? I live in a cold climate so is it best to stay away from this setup?

Thanks.

JoeyDaBomb

Go Kart Champion
I've never had one issue with cold starts, even with the colder plugs in.

Ruan

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf 5 GTI
Everyone I know that runs revo k04 software uses S3 injectors. RS4 injectors would probably be more suited to a GT3071 isn't it?

GTIRaider

Go Kart Champion
Revo uses RS4 injectors, I really don't want to spend around another $1000 just to change tunes to run S3 injectors.

I thought I read a few threads that said that due to the RS4 injectors spraying a lot more fuel that in very cold weather 20 degree's or colder they had a lot of issues with start up. I could have miss read the issues that they were having but that's what I'm trying to figure out.

I'm at that cross road of either just staying K03 and adding w/m or going to K04 setup. I just don't want to cause my self more grief due to the climate I live in.

JoeyDaBomb

Go Kart Champion
Everyone I know that runs revo k04 software uses S3 injectors. RS4 injectors would probably be more suited to a GT3071 isn't it?

US uses RS4's and everywhere else uses S3's.

I thought I read a few threads that said that due to the RS4 injectors spraying a lot more fuel that in very cold weather 20 degree's or colder they had a lot of issues with start up. I could have miss read the issues that they were having but that's what I'm trying to figure out.

There are some out there that have cold start issues, try vortex as you'll probably a better response over there.