GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

K04 performance

vagike

This may be more of a question for the tuners.

Can I push more out of a K04 on the BPY in my GTI if I upgrade the connecting rods?

GTi R Enigma

Profitier...
Car(s)
CW 07 GTi 5dr HB
connecting rods will help those who are going BT, connecting rods make the internals stronger when pushing more power, the K04 will be fine on stock internals, the hp numbers dont get that high off just the k04

mrbikle

Go Kart Champion
k04+ nitrous. some good results have been had before, and for that you would want rods.

GTi R Enigma

Profitier...
Car(s)
CW 07 GTi 5dr HB
I would listen to this guy^^^

vagike

I am looking at options.

I have no problem spending the time to put rods in. As you can read, I have lot of Eurojet parts. If I was to look at a BT, I would like to see the Eurojet BT come back, to keep unity under the hood. That could be wishful dreaming.

I drive my car everyday, and after this year I will be pushing more horsepower, to what level I have not figured out personally, but doing rods regardless is for my own personal comfort.

I was think I might be able to push the same horsepower as a TSI on a K04 with some bottom end upgrades.

LOUCFUR

DIÄBLÖ
Car(s)
GTI MKV
this 2 posts were taken from this thread : http://golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142692

Currently, the extreme flash is only provided for the Audi S3, ED30 and pirelli edition GTIs, and the SEAT Cupra R. The 200 base hp cars would need to upgrade their rods in order to run the extreme revisions for a long period of time.

We have not tested the extreme files on anything lower than 98RON and they generally make around 400 bhp on the maha dynos.

idk how accurate maha dynos are ...

GTIRaider

Go Kart Champion

LOUCFUR

DIÄBLÖ
Car(s)
GTI MKV
well, my car is the shop right now getting the rods/lsd/coilovers installed. and i'll be running giac's extreme tune ... plus i think theres like 2 or 3 european guys in this forum with max out k04s making 400 - 420 bhp ...

GTIRaider

Go Kart Champion

LOUCFUR

DIÄBLÖ
Car(s)
GTI MKV

vagike

LOUCFUR,

you are keeping the stock pistons?

LOUCFUR

DIÄBLÖ
Car(s)
GTI MKV
LOUCFUR,

you are keeping the stock pistons?

yes. i was told by austin@giac and other ppl that it should be safe enough to use the stock ones ...