GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

just put hands on DriverMotorsport programmer

fastwire

Ready to race!
Hey guys, just got a
programer to flash DM tune at the driveway.

Today I plugged it in and it read the ECU in like 15min.
It almost dieded the battery as the engine must be turned off but key ON, and my fog lights are setup as DRL's via vagcom.

For the upload process I will have to disable the fogs for sure or do it at my mechanic in case the battery needs a recharge on the go.

I cant wait to flash the ECU, also I have a USP downpipe lying around that is waiting a new turbo gasket and rear double clamp for install. peace

Last edited:

Strieg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI BPY
Nice, def go for the dp, and go stg 2, it's nice. And go stg 2+ if/when you can.

Dp is easy, lookup a diy you can do it start to finish in an hour or two

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
For the upload process I will have to disable the fogs for sure or do it at my mechanic in case the battery needs a recharge on the go.

Good idea to have the car hooked up to a jump box or a charger, borrowed one from a friend when I flash.

You are going to love their tune.

TimVFR

Have you been in contact with either Garrett or Bronson in the last few weeks to get your programmer or software? Been waiting for them to follow up with me on my programmer since mid January. Hope to get mine going very soon. Thanks.

fastwire

Ready to race!
Nice, def go for the dp, and go stg 2, it's nice. And go stg 2+ if/when you can.

Dp is easy, lookup a diy you can do it start to finish in an hour or two

yeah cant wait to install the dp and go stage 2 really.
I have the usp diy guide. But dont wanna install it witgout a new turbo gasket, also the rear oem double clamp is rusted badly. Gonna get the dp kit from ecs

fastwire

Ready to race!
Good idea to have the car hooked up to a jump box or a charger, borrowed one from a friend when I flash.

You are going to love their tune.

yeah thats a good option thx

fastwire

Ready to race!
Have you been in contact with either Garrett or Bronson in the last few weeks to get your programmer or software? Been waiting for them to follow up with me on my programmer since mid January. Hope to get mine going very soon. Thanks.

They sent me the driver programer in December and just got it last week because some customs issues.

Garrett always answers the emails, he's a great guy.
Iam crossing fingers they reply my email with my ecu file soon, its difficult to get in contact with them. Tomorrow I will contact them again but from fb. I will keep this updated on how it goes on. :)

Last edited:

Strieg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI BPY
yeah cant wait to install the dp and go stage 2 really.
I have the usp diy guide. But dont wanna install it witgout a new turbo gasket, also the rear oem double clamp is rusted badly. Gonna get the dp kit from ecs

Eh I've reused my gasket twice now. No leaks. I'm gonna replace once I put the k04 on, and everytime there after, mainly because everytime from now I have to take it off will be for emissions. But, you can reuse the gasket. But it is recommended to use a new one.

fastwire

Ready to race!
Eh I've reused my gasket twice now. No leaks. I'm gonna replace once I put the k04 on, and everytime there after, mainly because everytime from now I have to take it off will be for emissions. But, you can reuse the gasket. But it is recommended to use a new one.

Yeah I wanna reuse it, only thing is that when I saw the rear sleeve clamp, realized uts so rusted that I really wonder how the gasket could be. But if I find the sleeve clamp locally i will reuse it. thanks!

Last edited:

fastwire

Ready to race!
update: just received Garret's email with stage 1 file. Thats top notch, the response was indeed in less than 48 hours.

fastwire

Ready to race!
Keep us posted with your progress. BTW, when was the email sent from Garrett? Thanks.

yes sure thing. About 3 hours ago. :headbang:

fastwire

Ready to race!
Definitely you will love their tune, I have it on my big turbo and it is amazing.
Let us know how it goes after the first drive.

Just did it !

All I can say is wow, at stage 1 the car drives differently, way more aggressive acceleration, all the things I read about it are true.

First take off and it was nice and wow, second take off smoked a Tundra, and after 10 minutes driving it kinda adapted or something but the thing just revs till red line so fast. Night and day, a complete different animal.

Now... my only gripe are the tires, and the downpipe I need to install to go Stage 2 :wink:

I can upload a crappy video, but with all the videos in youtube I think is not necesary.

I wanna thanks this forum and other forums aswell for pointing me this direction, Garrett has been a very nice person with great CS, hands down.

Here where I live there are 3 different tuning companies dealers, but I would have been to travel some good miles to access them, APR, Unitronic and GIAC and the guys there arent that nice.

Dealing directly with the company is something really good. 100% recommended, it runs great. peace

LilRaverBoi

Optometrist Prime
Wouldn't having the parking brake on turn the DRL off and solve some of your battery drain issues?