GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Just lost power, car was "bucking". HELP!!

mljchan

gti mkv fanatic
Car(s)
gti mk5
yep, sounds very much like the coil packs, as my test driver triode12 will confirm.
literally takes 5 minutes to replace.

NahbutsGTI

EUROTHRASH
Car(s)
MkV GTI 6spd
Excellent! Thanks a lot guys, I really appreciate the feedback.
Got a call from the stealership last night, the Service manager sheepishly admitted that my car was covered under the recall and that they would replace the coilpacks, no issue.
I'm just so suprised that this wasn't done on the last service I got.
Also he reckons that they would not be covered under an extended warranty. What the hell did I pay the extra for then? I should try anmd get my money back for the extended warranty!(yer right, 3 years later!?!)

Anyway, thanks for all your help.

triode12

Go Kart Champion
Excellent! Thanks a lot guys, I really appreciate the feedback.
Got a call from the stealership last night, the Service manager sheepishly admitted that my car was covered under the recall and that they would replace the coilpacks, no issue.
I'm just so suprised that this wasn't done on the last service I got.
Also he reckons that they would not be covered under an extended warranty. What the hell did I pay the extra for then? I should try anmd get my money back for the extended warranty!(yer right, 3 years later!?!)

Anyway, thanks for all your help.

Regarding extended warranty -You should call up Allianz and ask (they underwrite the extended warranty) - the dealers are sometimes clueless about extended warranty coverage.

johno

Volkswagen Autoliebhaber
Car(s)
R32
You can also cancel your extended warranty policy and alliance will refund your money or a part of it. I had extended warranty on gti 1 and I cancelled the policy before trading it in and got my money back.

YouSnooze

You won't feel a thing ;)
Car(s)
2006 Mk V GTi
Mine were replaced free as part of the recall 2.5 years after I was out of warranty :biggrin:. Recalls are not warranty related. Don't let a dealer try to fool you with that ol' chestnut.

ApexTwin

expert knob twiddler
Sounds like coilpacks
Happening to someone else's car... while you were driving it! Sticks in the mind, doesn't it. :headbang:

ApexTwin

expert knob twiddler

tinto

bitch please
Car(s)
2009 Pirelli GTI
What is the recall # for future reference? :)

mljchan

gti mkv fanatic
Car(s)
gti mk5

mljchan

gti mkv fanatic
Car(s)
gti mk5

Jethro41

Volkswagenista!!
Car(s)
VW GOLF V GTI
Mine were replaced free as part of the recall 2.5 years after I was out of warranty :biggrin:. Recalls are not warranty related. Don't let a dealer try to fool you with that ol' chestnut.

Agree Doug.... mine was well and truly out of factory and extended warranty and, as it was a recall, dealer replaced no probs... Also my dealer bought the recall to my attention I just happened to be in there one day when the Tech asked me for my keys and started checking it out for me...I was clueless to the recall.