GOLFMKV

JimmyT and I, 08/08, SIR

PyroBob

I'm in.
Car(s)
.:R 32
Whose that sportin' those sexy rims?

I look straight up gangsta.

The dude in the Bimmer was cool...Jimmy ran him once, but the guy yanked his shifter off halfway down. I ran him the next two in a row...the first one we really had a photo finish, until we realized it was because of my horrible reaction time (.8...gotta get used to this launch control...)

Overall, we both had terrible times (I believe he bested 14.6, and I did 15.2...I need to get the timeslips scanned). We blame bad weather and bad track prep. SIR always has terrible track prep.

Some gratituos pics of my buddies, from after we left for the Auburn BBQ. The SSS is teetering on breaking into 11's, and the TBSS hit's high 13's with just a tune...photo's are courtesy of R33pwrd (the white SS):

PyroBob

I'm in.
Car(s)
We are helmets at <=13.99, driveline loops, fuel cut offs and harnesses at <=11.99, and cages at <=10.99 (at least, IIRC that's what ours is...the only one I'm positive on is the helmet rule).

crogers6569

Ready to race!
I hate that traffic sucked so bad by the time i got off work... I really wanted to run my car some.

Maybe next time.

BTW what did the R put down on the Dyno... Mabey i sucks at reading but Im curious.

PyroBob

I'm in.
Car(s)
175/174 on a Mustang Dyno, and I know this Dyno reads a bit low from running my SS on it...I think I may have lost a bit of power from the Res swap, though.

I have the sheet, I just need to get it scanned when I get some time.

crogers6569

Ready to race!
not bad considering heat and humidity that day, as well as AWD parasitic losses. Most of the MKV R's i have seen dyno put out similar numbers.

JimmyT

Redneck Engineer
Car(s)
2011 135i
I had a helmet in the trunk.... jinxed myself good with that one!! I was having a great time there, but was disappointed with my runs. My best was a 14.7 at 91 against a 94-95 BMW M3 that ran a 14.3... oh well. PBob and his friend with the TBSS were cool, as well as a guy with a new Hemi Charger R/T! I talked to a guy with a '66-67 Pontiac GTO with a 455 CID transplant from a mid 70s station wagon. Had a powerslide (Powerglide 2 speed tranny... used to be called fast and faster) that was running 13s.

JimmyT

Redneck Engineer
Car(s)
2011 135i
BTW, thanks for the pictars PBob!!!