Jetta with balls ?!?!?

Bizi

Jetta with Rice
Car(s)
Jetta MY07
farkin' oath!

C'mon VW, do it!!!

VW plans Jetta R and Polo R
At the Mk6 Jetta’s European launch in Munich last week, VW showed a version equipped with a 3.6-litre V6 petrol engine with an “unspecified” power output, a six-speed DSG gearbox and the firm’s 4Motion all-wheel drive system.

VW’s R division was spun off as a separate in-house company earlier this year, similar to BMW’s M unit, and it is keen to develop a follow-up to the Golf R and Scirocco R models.

Also in development at the R division alongside the Jetta is the long-rumoured Polo R, following Audi’s announcement that it will re-engineer the Polo/A1 platform for four-wheel drive, something the platform was previously unable to cater for...

See the pics of the VW Jetta V6 show car

triode12

Go Kart Champion
Nice - so are you going to get one if they do make it? Or are you sticking with the boxster? :)

What interests me more in that article is that the Polo R with AWD is back on the cards.

johnoR32

Werewolf Assassin
Car(s)
R32
Just looks like a v6 jetta. Polo r. Cant imagine why they would make an awd version of the polo gti. But anything R is welcome.

Bizi

Jetta with Rice
Car(s)
Jetta MY07
I am just interested to see VW consider a hot / hero sedan for the R range, which makes sense considering the sales of Jetta in the US.

Much better to make a hot Jetta in the US, with a V6, than a R hatch.

Hopefully it gets legs, since there's a lot of sales potential as well as something good about having a hot sedan - something most car companies do very well with.

Believe it or not, there's a big market for a car with a boot and boot!

isyoucrazy

Passed Driver's Ed
wonder if i could get the upcoming AWD system from the R into my mk5 jetta.....

Bizi

Jetta with Rice
Car(s)
Jetta MY07
wonder if i could get the upcoming AWD system from the R into my mk5 jetta.....

Just buy it from my mate Oli, who has (if he still has it) the S3 AWD system for sale.

There's a long thread on vwgolf.net.au by someone who was asking about making their GTI AWD and everyone egged him on to do it...

PM me for Oli's info if you can't find him on the forums.

B.

Bizi

Jetta with Rice
Car(s)
Jetta MY07
Buy the AWD from Oli; get City Performance to set it up for you, since they have one or two cars that they've converted to AWD for AP.