GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

J.D. Power 2010 Vehicle Dependability Study

turboed

Low Blinker Fluid

and 2009 results:

J.D. Power and Associates has just released its 2010 Vehicle Dependability Study (VDS)... and Porsche, Lincoln and Buick have climbed on the podium (Buick, Jaguar and Lexus occupied the top spots in last year's 2009 Vehicle Dependability Study). The German automaker demonstrated a significant jump in quality (up ten spots) with Ford's brand hot on its heels (up six positions). While Buick dropped down, its score was indicative of improved quality – however, the bar had been raised.

This year's VDS found that several brands that perform well in the firm's dependability study are avoided due to public misperception about reliability. These brands include Cadillac, Ford, Hyundai, Lincoln and Mercury – all having the greatest lags between dependability performance and consumer perception. "Producing vehicles with world-class quality is just part of the battle for automakers; convincing consumers to believe in their quality is equally as important," says a J.D. Power and Associates spokesperson.

The Vehicle Dependability Study is designed to accurately measure problems experienced by original owners of three-year-old (2007 model year) vehicles. This year's study was based on responses from more than 52,000 vehicle owners surveys between October and December of 2009. Scores are based on the number of problems experienced per 100 vehicles (PP100), with lower scores reflecting higher vehicle quality. The complete J.D. Power press release and charts can be found after the jump and in the gallery below.

VW improved from not being as bad as before, that that for what you will.

And Toyota actually improved their score, that that for what you will.

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/03/18/porsche-and-lincoln-climb-to-the-top-of-j-d-power-2010-vehicle/

Bfreiman

lalalalalalalalalalalala
Oh well,we may not have the most horsepower, but we have a lot of problems. :p

But really,who cares--we're all suckers for VW's (well, at least I know I am):biggrin:

fusiongt

Ready to race!
Interesting how Scion is way up there on problems while Toyota isn't. Same company right? Maybe Scion drivers are younger and drive their cars harder?

Last edited:

BlaineWasHere

I brake for apexes!
same here. but everyone is different. I wish I had the luxury to drive a car like that period.

I have rich friends, I have been lucky to drive some seriously stellar cars... While they are all sucky DD's... I would still TOTALLY do it.

For instance my buddy has a 99 Viper ACR and H1 Hummer, and that's it... Viper for the summer and H1 for the winter, that's how I want to daily drive. Before that he daily'ed a 450AWHP STi and big turbo Grand National... he knows how to rock it.

krische

vdubber in training
Well of course Toyota is more dependable. If your accelerator sticks, you can depend on it to not stop no matter how much you want it to :biggrin:

Jtrem

Pro TeaBagger
Car(s)
'06 Gti
I have rich friends, I have been lucky to drive some seriously stellar cars... While they are all sucky DD's... I would still TOTALLY do it.

For instance my buddy has a 99 Viper ACR and H1 Hummer, and that's it... Viper for the summer and H1 for the winter, that's how I want to daily drive. Before that he daily'ed a 450AWHP STi and big turbo Grand National... he knows how to rock it.

Same here. My friends car is the same color as your Fahrenheit.