It's cold as a witch's tit

TrillyPop

eat mod study sleep
All stripped down for winter, can't wait for spring :word:

aSC-

Ready to race!
Car(s)
VW Golf GT '08
Come to Finland, you'll be surprised of the amount of snow here.

You'll need the springs of a hummer to even get from place A to place B.

TrillyPop

eat mod study sleep
What lights are those?

They're all custom - I hated the look of all the aftermarket headlight options, and GTI headlights don't really do it for me either...they look OK but nothing special. So I used FK housings as a starting point, stripped them down, added 4x projectors, and voila (with a ton of tedious fabrication inbetween haha).

TrillyPop

eat mod study sleep
The only decent close-up pic I have is this. This is a mock-up while I was still in the construction process, so not quite the finished product.

TrillyPop

eat mod study sleep
Those actually look pretty good!

Though not a fan of the Angel Eyes like that though. Maybe should've used a I think it's a called like a CCFL?

Thanks. :thumbsup:

Yea the cathode lights or some sort of fiberoptic strip would look cooler for angel eyes, I agree, giving it a more solid look. At the time I built them, I wanted it to match the other LEDs I had on the front and I *thought* it looked pretty cool. :iono: I dunno, it was a phase haha.

As of now, the angel eyes and all other LEDs are disconnected. Come spring, I am going to take the headlights apart again and tint the angel eyes pretty dark so it's essentially a blacked out headlight with 2 projectors. Am also adding projector fogs to match, so look for that come spring!

p.s. if anyone has rabbit projector fogs I will buy them off you!

TrillyPop

eat mod study sleep
Here's what it looked like lit up. *Disclaimer* Please don't flame - this was a temporary look, it's gone now. Projector fogs coming in spring to replace shitty LEDs, and angel eyes eliminated. Thanks. Oh yea, and shitty lip replaced with Cupra R. :thumbsup:

Last edited: