GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Issue... need help.

b-rye

DuBBiN like McLovin
Car(s)
BM GLI
Ok before you flame, I have search but couldnt find the same issues that were happening to my car.
First my car is completely stock. I got my car back from the dealership friday because the throttle body wasnt opening fully. So after i picked it up, car ran fine and smooth. The next day I was coming home from a football game and the throttle is ruff. I hear a high whining noise when I accelerate. My first thought would be my DV or PVC, but I have a TSI so im guessing my car has the upgraded version of the DV. The thing that doesnt make sense is that when I start my car it will die out on its own. If I give it gas then it will stay on, but once off the throttle its dead.

Any ideas?? TIA

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion
Under more than part throttle in first through third the DSG will whine.

b-rye

DuBBiN like McLovin
Car(s)
BM GLI
i have a 6sp, and i just fired it up and it sounds like its my turbo because the whining sounds like it is coming from under my car.

John/Cue\Publik

Speed>stance
Car(s)
2007 Rabbit
bring it back, be firm, upset, but professional. no reason to enlist the help of 1000s of wanna be techs when you can have a real one fix it for free.... Those of us with heavily modified cars on the other hand are always more than welcome to open it up to the peanut gallary. Honestly though doubt you'll get a straight answer from the forums or the dealer but make em keep trying until you can lemon it or they fix it.

20GLI08

Put em on the glass
Car(s)
GLI
Yeah like previously stated, seeing that you are bone stock I wouldn't waste any time on here trying to figure it out. Take it right back to the dealer and continue to do so until the problem is solved.

Stranded in Daytona

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
06 2 door TR GTI
Like others mentioned, there are a thousand reasons this could happen, and a thousand things that can make that sound. For instance, this happened to me and it was my EVOMS intake coming loose creating a leak. Just take it right back down to the dealer and have them fix it.