GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Is the Dude kicking tires now? Dafuq?!

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
That's one car I'd consider. The 2015 WRX. I will have to drive one. It's not a money saving proposition but it checks a lot of boxes for me. Seriously a contender. I may hate myself for it when the mk7 in MT gets here. At least I should drive one and see how I feel about it.

And yeah... Leaving half a space in traffic and getting cut off by a Prius while I'm almost lugging in 2nd is just road rage inducing.

DaveSTR

Go Kart Champion
That's one car I'd consider. The 2015 WRX. I will have to drive one. It's not a money saving proposition but it checks a lot of boxes for me. Seriously a contender. I may hate myself for it when the mk7 in MT gets here. At least I should drive one and see how I feel about it.

And yeah... Leaving half a space in traffic and getting cut off by a Prius while I'm almost lugging in 2nd is just road rage inducing.

True but its just driving. Let the all the assholes get in front of you. Its better that way. We dont get paid extra or cure cancer by being as shitty as the next guy. Lifes short drive happy! :thumbsup:

D Griff

Go Kart Champion

But why?

You won't save any money and you'll have:

-A worse interior
-Less power
-An uglier car
-Less love for the brand
-Probably better handling

So you're getting some handling and losing everything else. You're just placcing now.

shdwblugti

Go Kart Champion

Why not a civic Si

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
Don't forget better resale and mpg, it might be a long term savings - but probably not.

Maybe... I'd just have a hard time losing probably $15k+ to trade in to a worse car, even if it might be a couple grand cheaper in the end.

The Dude said it himself, he's $50k into the Golf R. On a good day if it's parted out, all the mods are sold for good prices and he gets decent value for the car, the MOST he'll see is $30-35k.

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
Maybe... I'd just have a hard time losing probably $15k+ to trade in to a worse car, even if it might be a couple grand cheaper in the end.

The Dude said it himself, he's $50k into the Golf R. On a good day if it's parted out, all the mods are sold for good prices and he gets decent value for the car, the MOST he'll see is $30-35k.

Yeah, I can wish. No way I'll get over $30. I'm screwed. No matter what I do, I lose. There is no light at the end of the tunnel.

Halvie

WOOSA
Theres someone on mk7 forums switched from '13 wrx to a mk7 gti and hes happy with it, he didnt rag the car as slow. Also mk7 is a huge improvement that it makes a mk6 like a pos.

Check 13 wrx vw 2015 gti thread there

What about it is so much better that it makes an mk6 look like a pos?

shdwblugti

Go Kart Champion
Yeah, I can wish. No way I'll get over $30. I'm screwed. No matter what I do, I lose. There is no light at the end of the tunnel.

Build the engine for a big turbo . . . .

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
What about it is so much better that it makes an mk6 look like a pos?

Mk6 isnt a pos, im just emphasizing how mk7 is improved in almost every aspect. I still miss my mk6's raw feeling though, mk7 gti is basically a fwd bmw to put it simply.

Mk7 handles better than my mk6 with the driver gear springs, i can take a 45 degree ramp at 60-70 mph with confidence in dry atleast. Mk7 weight distribution is more even, theres not much nose plow like in the mk6, theres some still but not as much.

Bozz

Go Kart Champion
Mk7 handles better than my mk6 with the driver gear springs, i can take a 45 degree ramp at 60-70 mph with confidence in dry atleast. Mk7 weight distribution is more even, theres not much nose plow like in the mk6, theres some still but not as much.

The Dude is pretty modded though. 60-70 on a 45 degree onramp is nothing for a Mk6 R, and his only solace would come with a Mk7 R, which, won't be here for a while in MT form.

Yes the Mk7 weight distribution thing...should be sweet for the Mk7 R. Nose plow sucks, it is one of my suspension goals to lessen it on the Mk6 R. The other day I did some empty cloverleaf onramp runs, and, I ran at 78 mph, but the nose was trying to plow as you put it...the steering is somewhat numb/ indirect on the Mk6 R.