GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Irene: East Coast, you ready?

julito04

I plead the fif.
Car(s)
08 WRX Limited
http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/americas/08/23/tropical.weather/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

The entire eastern coast of the United States should prepare for Irene, a large and dangerous hurricane churning northwestward over the tropical waters of the Caribbean, the nation's emergency chief warned Tuesday.

After lashing the Turks and Caicos islands and the Bahamas, Irene is projected to skirt Florida and instead hit the Carolina coast by the weekend. However, Craig Fugate, the Federal Emergency Management Agency administrator, said Irene's exact path cannot be predicted this far out.

Looks like its a good possibility.

WhiteOut

Ready to race!
tell the bitch to bring it :fighting0030::fighting0030: im ready

but this could mean the end of it all. First, Earthquake today and next is hurricane. shits getting fishy

Bad hare

Ex-mkv owner
rumor has an "earfquake" hit philly...

J-DUB

got splashback?
dam, we were this close to cleaning the rubbish out of florida

Monkeykungfu

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 BMP GTI
Man, if this thing stays on course it's going to straight fuck some shit up! Looks like a strong cat 2 hitting Long Island dead on Sunday if it stays on path. Looks like the Cape Cod area would be on the rough NE corner of of the storm (bad part).

Could be bad.... if you live in the area, I'd start preparing... just in case.

Just ask Waveland, MS from 2005

Last edited:

This is Ryans face

Not sure if...
Car(s)
2011 GTI CCTA
problem is, if your house was built in the 1950s and prior, like most were in the north east, there isn't much you can do to prepare. Those houses weren't meant to withstand hurricane force winds. Hell the homes being built in FL, are barely capable of doing so. All you can do is evacuate, and hope you have a home to return to.

GTIMKVFAST08

schmoser boser....
Car(s)
08 BMP GTI
yall are gonna get fucked up while i enjoy those great waves....

I Am The Stig

Hey Now!
Car(s)
'09 Black Magic GTI
Speaking of... when was the last hurricane that hit your area? How big was it? You guys get much of a storm surge up there?

Something funny about a guy from New Orleans asking about storm surge. I can just see it....."well 8 feet, that's just great. MY WHOLE CITY WAS UNDER!!!!!" Anyone from New Orleans is allowed to have a "during Katrina" top to any hurricane claim.

We've got some bands from Irene, nothing more serious than an afternoon thunderstorm. Looks like FL will just dodge this one.