GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Interior lights fuse keeps blowing

DietGarfield

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2020 GLI
As the title says, the fuse for my inside map lights keeps blowing out.

A little background... I replaced all the map lights, trunk and glove box with LEDs. All was working peachy for a couple of months. I went drag racing one days, and the lights stopped working. When I went to replace the fuse, the new one blew right right as I put it in (lolz?). I figured there was a short, so I fixed where I thought it would be.

Now, I replace the fuse, and it works for a little... then it goes out. Today it was working, I parked to go into the grocery store, I came out and opened my trunk, and noticed they were all out. Anyone got any ideas on where to start looking?

VancouverGTI

Go Kart Champion
I'd try putting the old bulbs back in. If the problem goes away, you know one of your LED's is bad. Start putting the LED's back in, one every few days, until the problem returns; then you'll have found the bad one.

ken vw

As the title says, the fuse for my inside map lights keeps blowing out.

A little background... I replaced all the map lights, trunk and glove box with LEDs. All was working peachy for a couple of months. I went drag racing one days, and the lights stopped working. When I went to replace the fuse, the new one blew right right as I put it in (lolz?). I figured there was a short, so I fixed where I thought it would be.

Now, I replace the fuse, and it works for a little... then it goes out. Today it was working, I parked to go into the grocery store, I came out and opened my trunk, and noticed they were all out. Anyone got any ideas on where to start looking?

you maybe change this kit design for golf V, http://www.bold-sport.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&path=36&product_id=97:thumbsup: