GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Insurance rates for your GTI ?

paco

Passed Driver's Ed
Wow!

The prices vary a lot between each quote! I am not located downtown, but living in urban Montreal.
I wonder how a minor speeding ticket can affect your insurance pricing ?

beltzner: I've been told that Quebec insurers do not add up years of "secondary driving" as accountable driving experience. :(
In my case the insurance broker was clueless and I obtained better results by shopping prices by myself.

sadd3j: Indeed! You just don't have to think about all the things you could be doing with that money and eventually the rates will go down with the years... if everything goes as planned. :(

--
paco

RabidRabbit

$500/m for Rabbit
$745/m for GTi

No Tickets, 1 Minor accident 3 months ago.
10% Discount
I'm 21

That's why I bought a Rabbit.

And that was the BEST quote I got. Highest was 794 a month for the Rabbit.:rolleyes:

CDN_MKV

Wakka Wakka
Car(s)
07 UG GTI
I'm in Vancouver, with a 15% discount (last accident in 2000). ICBC quoted me $3400/year (~$1180 basic/ ~$2220 comprehensive). Regardless in BC we have to get the basic. I called Canadian Direct who I had my comprehensive with before they quoted me for comprehensive ~$1280/year.

So, ICBC $3400, CDI $2360 /yr Obviously I went with CDI for comprehensive

ICBC licks.

Surprised my MKV is ~$450 more /yr than my MKIV.
JJ

NorthernDubber

Ready to race!
^
dude
Canadian direct is shady as fuck.
for one, they don't make you pay a month in advance.
and two, they wanted me to sign an exlusivity document that basically said my car was ONLY insured if it was me driving
and three, they refused to offer me a 500 dollar deductible.
you should have called around.
I'm paying a little bit more (like, 30 bucks a month) with TD Insurance, but it's worth it.
CDI = shady, shady, shady.

CDN_MKV

Wakka Wakka
Car(s)
07 UG GTI
^
dude
Canadian direct is shady as fuck.
for one, they don't make you pay a month in advance.
and two, they wanted me to sign an exlusivity document that basically said my car was ONLY insured if it was me driving
and three, they refused to offer me a 500 dollar deductible.
you should have called around.
I'm paying a little bit more (like, 30 bucks a month) with TD Insurance, but it's worth it.
CDI = shady, shady, shady.

I've used CDI for the past 7 years and no problems with them. I had $300/$200 deductables for collision/comp on my MKIV, I changed it on my MKV to $500/$500... no issues... Hmm... I'm only paying monthly so I'll check with TD.. I can always switch. I'll check it out.

eason_c

$2560 in BC... with 43% discount and 10yr Driving Experience Discount

NorthernDubber

Ready to race!
I wasn't trying to bash your policy CDN MKV, just relaying my experience with CDI.
When I was talking with them on the phone it was verrrry high pressure.
As in, my fax machine was getting documents across before I agreed to anything.
I'm actually with a group called Primmum out of Edmonton that is a branch of TD, and the customer service I received was top notch, very friendly, very flexible and I have a bit of family history with TD already... so it as worth it for me in the long run but not necessarily off the get go.

danno

Ready to race!
well i'm comfirmed at 1585/year for 2dr gti. i'm 23 with a 8 star record, which is the highest. i guess my next step is when i'm 25

SoNgMaN

I Void Warranties
Car(s)
2010 4dr UG TDI HL
I think my rate is somewhere around $3200. My agent just changed my policy when I got the car and they sent an adjustment. I'm up for renewal in March.

25, toronto, single, drive a lot for work. I think I have a 10 over ticket on the record :)

Syndrical

It's like I live here!
For all the CANADIANS posting in the CANADA section (sorry US guys but you're in the wrong section). I got a quote for $196 a month from Bel Air Direct. Any accident/speeding ticket I had are off my record. Either they occured when I was younger or I had a court agent go represent me and I got off of the ticket.

I'm 24 with nothing on my record

I found my quote on here http://www.kanetix.ca/

SoNgMaN

I Void Warranties
Car(s)
2010 4dr UG TDI HL

76er

Madman With Wheels
Car(s)
MkV GTI
$2560 in BC... with 43% discount and 10yr Driving Experience Discount

Congrats eason~ :thumbsup: You got the maximum. That's what I'm trying to work towards.... Hopefully.

SAbroSO

Das Captain
Car(s)
07' GTI
Holy crap!! you guys are paying tons of money. "gti lover all over again" you don't count cuz you're older. I'm paying $54 a month. I have one ticket back in 04' and i'm 28.