GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Installation trouble installing the pioneer F90bt.... Help....

nikefans

No Kiss mah Kar!!!
Car(s)
2007 GTi
Im installing the pioneer f90bt, everything works fine .. when im about the screw eveyrthing tight in ... i turn off the car .. but the unit doens't turn off. I tried to search but no luck .. It's mostly because the harness i have doesn't have the ACC wire .. and VW doesn't have a ACC/ignition wire behind the radio .. can anyone confirm it and what can i do to have it fixed? Someone told me to tap a wire to a ignition wire or other application that will have the power cut off e.g. cigarette lighter... anyone can show me how to do it? or .. how did all you pioneer user did yours?

plz help .. thanks

SpecialFX

Just finished watching Fast&Fuzzynuts
I have a D3 but I imagine it's probably the same with yours. I ordered the european harness from pioneer that plugs right into the adapter that gives it the VSS, accessory, dimming, and all of that. I even retained my volume controls on the steering wheel. You can start splicing wires or you can get a better harness and not start cutting up your factory wiring.

nikefans

No Kiss mah Kar!!!
Car(s)
2007 GTi
I have a D3 but I imagine it's probably the same with yours. I ordered the european harness from pioneer that plugs right into the adapter that gives it the VSS, accessory, dimming, and all of that. I even retained my volume controls on the steering wheel. You can start splicing wires or you can get a better harness and not start cutting up your factory wiring.

Where did u order it from? is it hard to connect all those wires? including the steeringwheel control? is it plug and play? im very frustrated now ... help...

ASCI_Blue

Ballin'
haha silly n00b. Depending which harness you went with there may have been a long red wire? if so you wire that to your cigarette lighter for accessory and not to the battery wire.

you can also try hitting the power button. ;)

Last edited:

nikefans

No Kiss mah Kar!!!
Car(s)
2007 GTi
haha silly n00b. Depending which harness you went with there may have been a long red wire? if so you wire that to your cigarette lighter for accessory and not to the battery wire.

you can also try hitting the power button. ;)

haha yes im the noob right here.. first time playing with wires and i had to choose my 27k worth of GTI to play with .. hahahaha ..

and that's my problem too, how do i wire it to the cigarette lighter? do i just take out the panel and tap it on the wire of the lighter? tat sounds like a big job for me...

ASCI_Blue

Ballin'
yes, get yourself a good pair of wire strippers, you'll have to solder it in place. don't just fucking tape it. I recently put a Pio 6000 in my 06 while at work. I'm paid to install shit woohoo! Found it took me a little longer than anticipated cause of that fucking red wire.

SpecialFX

Just finished watching Fast&Fuzzynuts
The link I had to the exact product is no good any more, but here is the companies website: http://www.incarexpress.co.uk/index.php

They had very good customer service when I dealt with them. You have to splice the Pioneers wires to the adapters wires (both should have diagrams with them so it's not too hard to figure out), and then it just plugs into the connector just like your stock stereo.

Also check out avic411.com You can get advice specific to your head unit there.

quality_sound

hmm.......
Car(s)
'21 GTI S DSG
If you don't want to deal with an international company and the wait, PAC makes the C2R-VW which will give you all the wires you need. It's a bit expensive but a much better option than trying to hack into a harness if you've never done it before.

Iskone

Ready to race!
I bought the connects2 CTSVW002 and the canbus adaptor for $93 shipped from the UK in took LESS then a week to arrive. Completley worth the money and works amazingly well.