GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Install - INA 2.0 TFSI to 2.0 TSI Fuel pump lifter conversion

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
The Loba?

I'm just trying to find out if the LOBA HPFP plunger pulls out like the APR one or if it needs dismantling like the auto tech.

My reply was based upon your description. Looks like Autotech to me, meaning that the slider may have to come out before the plunger would come out.

Tfsi_Mike

I'm just trying to find out if the LOBA HPFP plunger pulls out like the APR one or if it needs dismantling like the auto tech.

My reply was based upon your description. Looks like Autotech to me, meaning that the slider may have to come out before the plunger would come out.

Ready to go;

Excuse the large grey hose its part of the vent for my PCV delete

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Congrats! Mine has run flawlessly street/track for 2 1/2 years now. It is being transferred to my BT build soon.

dubber2k

Passed Driver's Ed
:thumbup:

Last edited:

Pudding

Passed Driver's Ed
When I first saw this 2.5 years ago, I was like :drool: :w00t:

And then I saw that it was a roller running on a tapered cam, and I was like :cry:

I also pondered on the difference between 3 and 4 lobe cams when it comes to operational loadings and noise levels.....and then I forgot about it and probably blew $800 on something else instead :smile:

Brilliant idea, but not enough data.....for me personally.....at the time.

Roll on some years and I happened upon the kit 'in the flesh' at a UK INA dealer, and I was super impressed :bow:

I believe there is now plenty of end user data to rubber stamp it as a success, and with that in mind, I have ordered the kit :smile:

Just a couple of queries I haven't been able to find an answer to yet:-

1) Does the OEM engine cover fit on top of the pump after it's been lifted ~40mm by the INA adapter plate?

2) What kind of additional noise does the roller bring to the TFSI bucket o' bolts party?

Thanks all, and thanks to guys like INA for innovating stuff like this :thumbsup: Franky, I am over swapping buckets. That sh1t got old years ago.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
When I first saw this 2.5 years ago, I was like :drool: :w00t:

And then I saw that it was a roller running on a tapered cam, and I was like :cry:

I also pondered on the difference between 3 and 4 lobe cams when it comes to operational loadings and noise levels.....and then I forgot about it and probably blew $800 on something else instead :smile:

Brilliant idea, but not enough data.....for me personally.....at the time.

Roll on some years and I happened upon the kit 'in the flesh' at a UK INA dealer, and I was super impressed :bow:

I believe there is now plenty of end user data to rubber stamp it as a success, and with that in mind, I have ordered the kit :smile:

Just a couple of queries I haven't been able to find an answer to yet:-

1) Does the OEM engine cover fit on top of the pump after it's been lifted ~40mm by the INA adapter plate?

2) What kind of additional noise does the roller bring to the TFSI bucket o' bolts party?

Thanks all, and thanks to guys like INA for innovating stuff like this :thumbsup: Franky, I am over swapping buckets. That sh1t got old years ago.

I can't answer question #1 as I never tried to use the OEM cover with that kit in place. I noticed no additional noise with the kit. The kit was put in place and has been trouble free. We just took the motor apart and there was no wear issues. Motor had seen street and track use. Right now the motor is being rebuilt and moving up to EFR7163 turbo and the kit will be going back on.