GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

injectors shot at 40k?

MarkR

Ready to race!
took my car in to get a check engine light diagnosed that would come on then shut off after about 2 days by itself. they diagnosed it and recommend replacing the fuel injectors. apparently vw doesnt cover this under their powertrain warranty:mad:

dealer quoted me $1200 for parts and labor. i told them no thanks and picked my car up. i guess the service advisor is waiting for VW to call back and see if they can goodwill this for me. something tells me this isnt the case since the car runs great otherwise and pulls hard to redline. the code i originally got was system lean bank 1 p017. im going to clean my mass air flow sensor and see fi that changed anything.

TSiUG

sleeper...
What? How would they even know? You think a dealer has the equipment to test octane?

Wait.....did he admit to using non-premium fuel? Because if so hes fucked..

vagike

Wait.....did he admit to using non-premium fuel? Because if so hes fucked..

That does not matter.

VAG states that you can used lower grade with an enthanol content less that 15% and to just expect a loss in WOT performance.

MarkR

Ready to race!
basically they said since im not the original owner, and the basic warranty is done with, theres nothing they will do. the vw rep told me i should have purchased an extended warranty. they think i used non-premium gas.

i have put 100 miles on the car since i got her back and no cel or rough running.

vagike

I think there is a way to transfer the warranty agreement.

ChattMkv

Level 80 Procrasturbator
Car(s)
2007 VW GTI
so basically dealer calls me back and tells me never to bribng my car back there again.

Call VWOA about this. This dealer is feeding you bologna in many ways. Firstly, they have to be able to prove you used non-premium gas if they claim that it's what damaged the injectors but the truth is that this would not have damaged then as the car will just pull timing on non-premium gas and you'll make less horsepower but the ECU in the car is smart enough to not kill the injectors. There was an older thread on here about a similar issue but vagike's post shows this straight out of one of VWOA's technical manuals

Also if your car's VIN# is still within the 3 year/36,000 mile warranty it does not apply only to the original owner. It transfers.

tl;dr: Your dealer is a scamming turd burglar.