GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Infotainment Hardware and Software Updates

koolmacher

Passed Driver's Ed
Yeah im still on 1890.

There was two but I cant remember what it said but one was something along the lines of 'Error Correction'
I've chuckled to myself when I read that on one of my updates thinking to myself there are plenty of errors to correct!

Niceguy235

Yeah i reckon that could be them fixing bugs but not actually stating what they are fixing just in case it doesn't properly fix things that need fixing.

:D

SimonGC

Passed Driver's Ed
Interested to hear you ahd similar issues to mine. 7 weeks tommorow since i took it in . They have put a new control unit and aerial this week but still not resolved . Interested to hear you had escalated to the complaints department at VW UK. Were there details easy to find as I can't seem to find them on the Web?
I initially contacted customerservices@volkswagen.co.uk to complain, they are of little use really, only offering generic platitudes, but do issue a case number for the complaint. After about another week of chasing the dealership I complained again to customer services followed by an email to Alex Smith, Managing Director of Volkswagen Group UK. These emails appear to be intercepted by VW and passed on to the Executive Office whereby I was assigned a personal assistant to manage the case. She stayed in regular contact with the dealership and technical Germany to try and resolve the problem and also agreed to my request to arrange a meeting with the dealer for the purpose of arranging a possible buy back of the vehicle. She was very helpful but admitted that ultimately she had no power over technical Germany to expedite a fix from them. However, her constant badgering of the dealership may have helped focus their attention. The email address for the executive office is executive.office@volkswagen.co.uk although they may insist you go through the regular customer services route first. Many other forum members have reported a similar upgrading to the Executive Office to address long term problems and complaints for a variety of issues.

I would just add that the Service Manager at my dealership always maintained, in his experience, that VW technical Germany would fix the problem as they have no other alternative and in his experience this would happen, but that ultimately we sat in a long queue of problem cars with problem software issues for VW Germany from around the world (too many) and it took a long time (too long). He was right, after more than two months I got the phone call that VW technical had cracked it and the car was ready to collect, it has been fine ever since.

I hope you ultimately have a similar outcome and that you have been supplied with a suitable courtesy car whilst your vehicle sits waiting for a fix, I know how frustrating the whole saga can be.

Good luck

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
This is from an EV site, but I assume these are the same people that wrote the software for VAG ICE vehicles, looks like not much has changed! just hope they don't release any more models with half baked software.

https://insideevs.com/news/597624/vw-group-software-unit-delaying-key-evs-audi-porsche-bentley/
Yes, Caraid is VW’s software unit and is a subsidiary of VW. The term ‘bitten off more than they can chew’ springs to mind. No great surprise really, given the issues experienced by owners of the in-house developed software in the current generation of vehicles.

The article at the link you posted makes reference to a 2.0 version of software capable of hands-off Level 4 autonomous driving in 2024. Level 4 is considered to be fully autonomous driving, although a human driver can still intervene and take control. Would I feel comfortable travelling in a car with VAG‘s in-house developed version of Level 4 autonomous driving software and the person occupying the driving seat not actually doing the driving? Er………no, I don’t think so! 😮🫣😰

Topaz

Passed Driver's Ed
I have done two in car updates since owning mine (22my) one took about 5 mins the other about a minute.

T-bro

Passed Driver's Ed
Quick update from my side. Yesterday, my car was updated to 1896 from 1890. No errors to report so far. Only annoyance I have is that I have a notification for "updating car manual, don't turn off ignition". When I click on it, it just disappears, then reappears again upon starting the car again. Has anyone else had this notification pop up?

fantozzi.cz

After updating to 1896 (in VW service) I am able to login to WeConnect but I am not able to set myself as a Main User/Main Profile. "Please Wait" screen appears and keeps forever... Next Wednesday another try in VW service.

mageor

Passed Driver's Ed
When should we expect the 1898 update?
How should I feel that I m stuck in 1668....I did all the recalls....no 1896....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220719-233628_Viber.jpg
    Screenshot_20220719-233628_Viber.jpg
    571.3 KB · Views: 177

Maturedriver

Go Kart Champion
When you get the 91CU service campaign notification from your dealer it will include the update to 1896. Because of Travel Assist issues I had 1896 carried out before the very long list of things that were covered by 91CU. 1896 didn’t sort the Travel Assist faults but the new steering wheel did.

Hey-ho!