GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

In the market for a new DSLR

ilubmydub

Ready to race!
At last I have some money to play with. Any cameras you guys would recomment a little over 1000? I had a Nikon d60 but I sold that because I felt I needed something moar fun. Believe it or not I've been looking into Canon a lot... I think I want to make that transition. Anyway feel free to suggest, I would appreciate it.

nhbubba

CEL free until 48,398 mi
I'm not up on the latest, but it used to be that most of the lesser Nikon bodies would not autofocus with all Nikon glass. This was an issue with the 50mm prime I bought for my sister; it wouldn't AF on her D60. Total deal breaker in my book. If none of their bodies in your price range have the AF motor, I'd go with another brand.

utekineir

Banned
I'm not up on the latest, but it used to be that most of the lesser Nikon bodies would not autofocus with all Nikon glass. This was an issue with the 50mm prime I bought for my sister; it wouldn't AF on her D60. Total deal breaker in my book. If none of their bodies in your price range have the AF motor, I'd go with another brand.

Exactly why i went with cannon.

Didn't want any lens issues with different bodies in the future.

Sterling

Steel Tip
Car(s)
S3

soze

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Something Else
not sure, i just figured it would be but i could be wrong

Yeah it's plastic. Canon's been shifting their whole line into new segmentations.

rebels are still rebels...
60D is a line in between Rebels and what used to be XXD.
7D is sort of continuation of what used to be XXD.

Supposedly they are trying to make a huge segmentation between the 1D and 5D line, because the 5D2 killed 1Dsmk3 sales when it came out.

Cbus mkv

Lowcally Famous
Yeah it's plastic. Canon's been shifting their whole line into new segmentations.

rebels are still rebels...
60D is a line in between Rebels and what used to be XXD.
7D is sort of continuation of what used to be XXD.

Supposedly they are trying to make a huge segmentation between the 1D and 5D line, because the 5D2 killed 1Dsmk3 sales when it came out.

i got a 7D, now i wish i had 5D mk2

Sterling

Steel Tip
Car(s)
S3
i want a 5D mkii so bad...

nhbubba

CEL free until 48,398 mi
I guess I was looking for a cliff-notes version. I'm not shopping and therefore not gonna read all the 100-page reviews, but was curious.

Or maybe if someone knew of a tablized comparison. Kinda like dpreview did for the 60D vs 50D and 7D.
not a plastic body, you drop a rebel, say good bye
The 60D is plastic now.

Although I think the plastic/not for consumers is kind of overrated. I've dropped my (original) Rebel/300D and lived to tell about it.

What is interesting is the environmental seals. I see the 60D has that now. Does the latest Rebel? (And I see there is a 600D Rebel on the horizon.)