GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

In Tank Fuel Pump

Ratchet

Go Kart Champion
Long story short my stock in tank fuel pump is getting lazy after really long drives, and causing fuel cuts / low pressure warning.

Dealer tried to quote me like $1200 to change the in tank pump and the pressure sensor.

From what i can tell

http://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-Golf_V--2.0T/Engine/Fuel/ES514125/

that pump should work, and the pressure sensor is only $40. I check the DIY's from here and vortex, and it looks like its only about an hour worth of work...

So questions -

A) can anyone verify that that pump will definetly work
&
B) how does vw get off trying to charge that much for service, even given new seal,pump,sensor, theres still like 900 in service time..

Chris@RT

Banned
That pump will NOT work.

In case my first statement was not clear DO NOT ATTEMPT TO USE THAT PUMP IT WILL NOT WORK!

the pump does not fit in the stock housing without butchering it. That pump does not fit the fuel line in the stock housing without parts not included there or probably even sold by ecs (nothing against ecs). That pump flows too much damn fuel and you WILL get codes like you are now but for the opposite problem of the pump flowing too much.

Put a fuel filter in your car if the problem is actually even related to the low pressure system, if that doesn't work then look into a pump and by pump I mean a stock one.

SpoonGTi

NOM NOM NOM...
Car(s)
what else...
that pump would only work on a custom setup. There's no way it would work for the stock lines.

RRacerguy717

Go Kart Champion
Put a fuel filter in your car if the problem is actually even related to the low pressure system, if that doesn't work then look into a pump and by pump I mean a stock one.

Chris is right start @ simple fuel filter change if it has been changed lately. If that dosnt work you need a VAG tool to log and view the data to real pin point what's actually causing you problems. Throwing random new parts on is going to get expensive fast and even if it does fix your problem ( fuel cut ) it may be just the effect NOT the cause and you will mask the problem even more. Do a search get all the blocks pertaining to fueling ( low and high pressure ) log them and post up the data so people can help. The biggest problem with the FSI is the fuel system espec when you mod it for more power it needs more fuel flow and it gets worse. Bob G:thumbsup:

stringshifter6

Nom Nom Nom
Car(s)
2007 GTI

The pump you need looks like this. The part number is 1K0 919 051 CL. I got it from 1stvwparts for around 200 shipped.

lawn mower

Banned
I hate this low pressure bullshit, my car gets those huge fuel cuts whenever it's really hot, And I've been driving for a long time.

Ratchet

Go Kart Champion
yeah, i know its the culprit, everything else in the fuel system has been checked/replaced. Its doing the long drive / high heat in tank pump fuel cuts...

and ty for insight on the pump.

Chris@RT

Banned
If everything else has been replaced you will probably want to replace the fuel filter again. Audi has a history of failing fuel pump motors that cause issues you describe. They end up clogging the fuel filter so if you replace the pump the problems continue and even cause the car to stall if it clogs completely. Also the increased back pressure can prematurely damage the new pump and the return of the old pumps metal pieces from the filter don't help much either. These cars have a very similar returnless low pressure fuel system to what Audi has been using on the A4s since early 2000s.

I know it sucks to pay more but its very cheap insurance.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Have none of you found the problem to be the controller? All the symptoms seem to point to that...especially if it shuts down when warm. A new controller should fix them. Waiting to hear if this is correct.