GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

I'm debating on an R32 again...

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
a GTI.
Ok guys, this time it's a used R at my local Audi/Porsche dealer. 4800 miles on it, they have it listed for 25,800. Should I see how low I can get them...or keep my pkg2 GTI that only has 31k miles on it.

I don't know how I can do with the DSG, but it is kinda cool...I know I'll eventually miss rowing my own gears though :frown:

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
a GTI.
That's a very nice price for a used R! I would get it. Who knows when it's the next VR6 engine

that's why i'm really thinking about it. the VR6 may be completely dead very soon...but i'll always be able to have another turbo-4 if I want it...

plus, it got the seal of approval from the fiancee

Phikes

Stay Metal
Car(s)
MkV R32
I'd run a car fax on it to make sure it's clean and do it. I got mine used with 1900 miles for $28,000, so the price they have isn't bad at all.
As far a clutches go; the fact of the matter is manuals are on their way out. I bet you'll rarely find them in five years. If your going to loose the clutch petal then DSG is by far the least painful way to do it.

madvillian

Banned
I know I'll eventually miss rowing my own gears though :frown:

if you're already regretting it before even buying it then it sounds like a mistake. Seems like you would take a big loss on something you don't need and aren't even really sure you want. GL either way

As far a clutches go; the fact of the matter is manuals are on their way out. I bet you'll rarely find them in five years.

:lol:

utekineir

Banned
It would all depend on how much they want to give on your trade, or what you sell your car for, also your financial situation and all that jazz.

25k ish on an r sounds like a great price, but if they give you nothing and dick for your gti then the price isn't so hot.

DBCPerformance

OEM & AFTERMARKET PARTS
Car(s)
An Imaginary GT2
Driving manual transmission is fun..... YES
Chipped GTIs are faster than R32s.... YES
GTIs are lighter than R32s............... YES
3.2 VR6 24V might phase out........... YES
R32s have bad gas milage............... YES

BUT, when you drive an R32, own one, you could not care less about those facts. It is a special car. Great all around car, always ready to go, fast enough (especially in the hands of a good driver it is a beast), handles like dream, sounds like a dream, and not a whole lot people have them...

DSG transmission is subjective, I always have manual trannies, but still love the DSG better, especially on the R32.

I miss mine so much..........

Berk A.

dickiedocker

luckycharm gti
i might be trading my gti on monday for an R 2007 32.000 euros, blue manual..the only thing holding me back is the gas milage!! is it that bad?:(

GTITampa

Drag Racing Champion
Ok guys, this time it's a used R at my local Audi/Porsche dealer. 4800 miles on it, they have it listed for 25,800. Should I see how low I can get them...or keep my pkg2 GTI that only has 31k miles on it.:

I can tell you that the trade value for your gti with 31k miles is going to be around $14,000 to 16k. I don’t know is your car is payoff, so do the math...

New car = $25,800
-Trade
+Payoff
Total =Taxes

Cars.com Calculators

http://www.cars.com/go/advice/financing/calc/loanCalc.jsp

Redcloud

Ready to race!
i might be trading my gti on monday for an R 2007 32.000 euros, blue manual..the only thing holding me back is the gas milage!! is it that bad?:(

I average about 250 miles per tank in mixed driving with my R32. I used to average about 320 on my GTI. 70 miles roughly equates to 3 gallons of gas, which is about 12.00 USD per fill up with gas at 4.00 USD per gallon. That is just my own personal experience though.

Redcloud

Ready to race!
I can tell you that the trade value for your gti with 31k miles is going to be around $14,000 to 16k. I don’t know is your car is payoff, so do the math...

New car = $25,800
-Trade
+Payoff
Total =Taxes

Cars.com Calculators

http://www.cars.com/go/advice/financing/calc/loanCalc.jsp

I traded my 06 BMP fully loaded with 60k miles in and broke even (the car was acting funny and there was no boost). My pay off was 15k. Keep in mind that when you trade in your car you only pay tax on the difference between your trade in and the sell price.