GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Idiots on the road

VdaWg

FIA World Rally Car Champion
I'm sorry to say this but there are so many idiots on the roads nowadays and sidewalks too. Today I had 4 incidents with dumbasses. Cars and kids(teens to be exact the immature ones) on those little razor type motor powered scooters. People who constantly tail and speed for no reason at all.:iono:

Deezz_Nuttz

What's a User Title?
Werd... maybe the idiot drivers are tryin' to get your attention. As if to say "hey I'm cooler than you, so what if you got a bad ass GTI".

Delboy

Oval Newbie
I agree, only yeaterday morning I nearly took out a youg girl on her way to school, as she stepped off the kerb straight in front of me.
I think there are too many distactions these days, with ipod's and walkman's.

bigdyno

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
I find here in 416/647/905/289 (land of the 10 digit dialing) people are always stepping off the curb without even looking one way, nevermind two. A couple of months back, some 5 or 6 year old jumped out of the driver's side when his parents parked and got creamed in less time than it takes to say 'Shit'. My guess is he wasn't in a car seat for starters, but who knows. There is always a big stink when ever there is a pedestrian hurt/killed, yet there is little being done about clueless pedestrians.

Don't get me started with cyclists either, they don't seem to think they have any rules. I rode 4000 kms on my bicycle last year and can tell you those morons aren't doing the rest of us any favours.

VdaWg

So true, I've been observing how parents with baby carriages like to cross the street baby carriage first. Even worse when they are on the sidewalk and decide to step down inbetween cars and stick the carriage out first then they look to see if there are cars or not. Cars that want to call you out do so in the worst way, they either tail or cut you off. I'd rather a car pull up next to me and see whether I would like to race or not(not that I race I don't actually). Yesterday 2 of the 4 incidents were the most annoying.

1. Making right turn civic si spots me tails me right away. Reving his engine, blasting his turbo. I'm like in my mind what the hell! Did he want to race on a one lane street with cars parked on both side?

2. I'm at an intersection and this kid/teen is on a high powered stand up scooter is trying to impress a girl and his friends. He attempts a wheelie or something, busts his ass in front of me, gets up goes to my passenger side window and makes threats that it was my fault (when I was at a complete stop when this happened, heard him coming) Then five of his friends come with theire scooters trying to chase me down. In my head I was like WTF!!!!

ARRRRGGGGHHHHH:mad: :smile:

atomoverride

Ruler of Omicron Persei 8
VdaWg said:
So true, I've been observing how parents with baby carriages like to cross the street baby carriage first. Even worse when they are on the sidewalk and decide to step down inbetween cars and stick the carriage out first then they look to see if there are cars or not. Cars that want to call you out do so in the worst way, they either tail or cut you off. I'd rather a car pull up next to me and see whether I would like to race or not(not that I race I don't actually). Yesterday 2 of the 4 incidents were the most annoying.

1. Making right turn civic si spots me tails me right away. Reving his engine, blasting his turbo. I'm like in my mind what the hell! Did he want to race on a one lane street with cars parked on both side?

2. I'm at an intersection and this kid/teen is on a high powered stand up scooter is trying to impress a girl and his friends. He attempts a wheelie or something, busts his ass in front of me, gets up goes to my passenger side window and makes threats that it was my fault (when I was at a complete stop when this happened, heard him coming) Then five of his friends come with theire scooters trying to chase me down. In my head I was like WTF!!!!

ARRRRGGGGHHHHH:mad: :smile:
Carry a bat in behind your seat. SWING BATTER BATTER SWING.

MachSchnell

Rally Car Champion
Lately I've been on the receiving end of some exceptionally weird road rage.

Two nights ago I was sitting at a stop light when a lady in a minivan pulls up. The van is all painted up with shoe polish to commemorate one of her brood graduating from high school. I look over to see her saying something to me, so I roll down the window and she is calling me a yuppie asshole and that my "little car" was offensive to her. She was obviously plowed, slurring and all. So I called her on it. I just said "wow, you are really drunk aren't you?" She was obviously stumped, she knew she was hammered and didn't want to admit it.

She tried chasing me for a while (slow speed chase..OJ style :) ), she saw me dialing my phone for the cops and was likely trying to talk me out of it. She would get out of her van at stoplights and try to run through the lines of stopped cars so she could get to me...but she was a tank-ass so she couldn't run fast enough to get to me before the light turned. It was hilarious. And I saw the cops pull her over eventually.

GTI2007

MachSchnell said:
Lately I've been on the receiving end of some exceptionally weird road rage.

Two nights ago I was sitting at a stop light when a lady in a minivan pulls up. The van is all painted up with shoe polish to commemorate one of her brood graduating from high school. I look over to see her saying something to me, so I roll down the window and she is calling me a yuppie asshole and that my "little car" was offensive to her. She was obviously plowed, slurring and all. So I called her on it. I just said "wow, you are really drunk aren't you?" She was obviously stumped, she knew she was hammered and didn't want to admit it.

She tried chasing me for a while (slow speed chase..OJ style :) ), she saw me dialing my phone for the cops and was likely trying to talk me out of it. She would get out of her van at stoplights and try to run through the lines of stopped cars so she could get to me...but she was a tank-ass so she couldn't run fast enough to get to me before the light turned. It was hilarious. And I saw the cops pull her over eventually.

Good to hear that the bitch got what she deserved.

VdaWg

Good call I'm glad the police were able to do something. Since I have got this car I've been harassed like no tomorrow. About a week ago I was making this huge horse shoe exit and this guy was again tailing me, ( the exit is made that if you do not change lanes when you finish the horse shoe it'll just bring you to the same exit but going in a different direction) as I was making a lane change because he was right on my ass to him it seemd like I was cutting him off. He pulls up next to me, starts screaming that that's how accidents happen, I yell back..you were tailing me! He tails me again and attempts to back end me twice before we hit traffic and a stop light. He gets out of his car says all this shit about what just occured. He spits in my face. I would've brawled but this guy was bigger than me around 6' 5" 250lbs I'm like 5'7" 135 it would've been sensless. Anyways we drive off and he's still tailing until I get his plate number and call the cops. Unfortunately cops never arrived and had to flag down one that was passing by, gave em the info, looked into their computer and told me that he was already gone(whatever that meant). I was so pissed off. From now on anytime an ass does that I'm going to slow down not speed up. I need to carry mace or an air horn or something:evil:

This morning as I was picking up my gf to bring her to work, I see this Ford pickup F150 going about 30mph, side swipe 3 parked cars then into a space in front of the third car and slammed right into the backend of the car parked in front of the empty space. There was nothing in her way that would've made her do that. She destroyed around 4 maybe 5 cars. I'm glad that no one was hurt but I saw what happend and it was( sorry for the harshness) dumbass!:iono:

bilbos

On the Kop
VdaWg said:
This morning as I was picking up my gf to bring her to work, I see this Ford pickup F150 going about 30mph, side swipe 3 parked cars then into a space in front of the third car and slammed right into the backend of the car parked in front of the empty space. There was nothing in her way that would've made her do that. She destroyed around 4 maybe 5 cars. I'm glad that no one was hurt but I saw what happend and it was( sorry for the harshness) dumbass!:iono:

Women drivers :wink: :biggrin:

You never heard of the bump method of parking? On a serious note, she must have been on something to do that.

Bad hare

Ex-mkv owner
Yo MachSchnell - great story - lol -

Vdawg - dude, he spit in your face? are you serious? i would cracked that fools windshield @ the next light with a sold piece of BX (my boy's dad ownes an eletric company, he insists we carry this heavy copper cable, just in case) lol - and then takin off !!! LOL - what was he driving anyway?

bigdyno

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
VdaWg said:

Nah, she probably thought she was in NASCAR, you crazy americans and your turning left...