GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ice is just so much fun

-SnowMan-

Ready to race!
My apartment complex decided to just not throw down any de icing compound today on the main entrance.

I tried to turn out of my complex going about 5mph and slid into the curb....

Looks like my front lip took the impact, my tire had some red paint from the curb rubbed on to it. But nothings broken, just need an alignment it seems.

Oh well, paint is easy to fix.

LilRaverBoi

Optometrist Prime
I did the same thing earlier this winter with my Mk3 Golf. Taco'd the control arm and destroyed my VR lip (that I just put on in late Oct). Yours doesn't look too bad, but I'd check the wheel and suspension for damage.

-SnowMan-

Ready to race!
:frown: That's unfortunate. Hopefully an alignment is all you need, but you definitely want to double check everything in there just to make sure nothing is bent.

I did the same thing earlier this winter with my Mk3 Golf. Taco'd the control arm and destroyed my VR lip (that I just put on in late Oct). Yours doesn't look too bad, but I'd check the wheel and suspension for damage.

Wheel is fine, only the rubber touched the curb. The bumper took the whole hit and the rear of the passenger front tire nicked the curb.

I got an alignment done, my right side toe was all kinds of fucked lol

It drives straight and no odd vibrations or rattles. Seems like we are good!

(they didn't center the steering wheel though so Im having them re do the alignment tomorrow)

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
If it's an apartment complex, tell the manager you want to put in a claim for the damage. They were negligent for not salting the entrance.

-SnowMan-

Ready to race!
If it's an apartment complex, tell the manager you want to put in a claim for the damage. They were negligent for not salting the entrance.

Didn't think of that, Ill definitely go talk to them. But the alignment was only 50 bucks. And my lip has been rattle canned since I got it so Im not terribly upset.

But yea, the "roads" inside the complex were fine because they had some powder and enough traffic to not have ice.

The entrance though, it was just straight ice, I went from full traction to nill. It sucked.