iBoost breaks into the 13's

iBoost

SFLMKV.COM Founder
Car(s)
07 Candy White MKV
Last edited:

Candy30

Ready to race!
nice run!!!how much HP is it with those mods?
and is that carbonio intake worth the money?did you measure your HP before and after puttin that intake?

Candy30

Ready to race!
I've never dynoed my car, and I love the Carbonio, personally it is an amazing intake and uses the ram air the MKV GTI was designed for:thumbsup:
yea...always figured why all the guys use their intakes inside the motorbay, its so daamn hot in there when the engine gets 'angry' :) this ram air system is I think much more efficient

AndorGLI

18 and i'll still take U!
Car(s)
VW MKV GLI
i sitll like my AEM true CAI and with this weather!!!!!!!!!!!! i'm happy but juan's car is a beast

ScGRaceR

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 R32
nice pass

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
idk about 12's since he doesnt have a limited slip diff...

A little late to this post, but there's a guy here with a 20th Ann 1.8T with a GT30 and he's on the stock diff and I think his best is an 11.5xx @ 120ish

He blew his original diff after like 190 passes or something.

He got a new stock open diff though.

Sorry iBoost, I've totally taken over your thread. Good times. Is it just me or should your trap be higher?

I ran a 14.45@97.33 with just the ATP DP and P flo (no flash) with a 2.244 60' and 6MT, so it's weird that you only trapped 2mph with Stg 2 Revo and DSG, though you did say you had your system.

AndorGLI

Car(s)
VW MKV GLI
hey Andor does it sit real low? I kinda like the sound of the evoms but not for daily driver... it's kinda nice but it can get annoying to me
yeah its sits real low. its exactly right behind your driver's side fog light. right behind it. look:

Attachments

• DSC00861.JPG
    DSC00861.JPG
    545.1 KB · Views: 195
  • DSC00862.JPG
    DSC00862.JPG
    566.6 KB · Views: 219

AndorGLI

Car(s)
VW MKV GLI
hahahaha yeah i know all the diff. typs of staging and shit......... been to moroso for around 5 years already...... hahahahaha my step-father loves watching drag racing and he used to drag race 9-sec cars and shit so he told me everything..lmao.........

TZSGTI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Honda Civic Type R
A little late to this post, but there's a guy here with a 20th Ann 1.8T with a GT30 and he's on the stock diff and I think his best is an 11.5xx @ 120ish

He blew his original diff after like 190 passes or something.

He got a new stock open diff though.

Sorry iBoost, I've totally taken over your thread. Good times. Is it just me or should your trap be higher?

I ran a 14.45@97.33 with just the ATP DP and P flo (no flash) with a 2.244 60' and 6MT, so it's weird that you only trapped 2mph with Stg 2 Revo and DSG, though you did say you had your system.

I wonder if a Everybolton GTI DSG Including TBE, Cold air, Intercooler upgrade WITH STOCK BOOST ( no chip, controller etc.) can get into the 13s? That would be intresting. Becuase youre trap speed is very good for a Stock boost GTI. Just CAI And DP 97.33 is impressive.