mel22b

Ready to race!
WhiteJames,

Nice work. Thanks for the info.

saucer

Leadfoot
Car(s)
08 GTI
Sounds like Euro springs might be the right choice for you. I was in the same boat as you and chose the euro springs. I love the drop and the ride is the same as stock (since they are oem springs!). Click on my garage for a few pics.

Are the Eurosprings a different item than the 08 springs? 'Cause I've already got that 15mm, but I think it would look meaner with just a bit more.

absoluteczech

GolfMKV ADMlN
Car(s)
981 Cayman & GTI SE
to add to the ciaos fk coilovers! lol

Last edited:

BurntGauge

AWD > FWD
I was thinking about lowering my GTI a little. How much does this affect the ride quality? Pro and Cons??

You dont have to drop alot to do this...simplest thing you can do is just springs. I did Koni springs and it cost me 159 shipped. Thanks to MJM Autohaus.

It dropped the car about 1.4-1.5 inches...and my shocks wont blow out anytime soon, but maybe down the road. If you got the cash, you could always get a spring and shock combo, coilovers, or a cup kit.

I love the springs...got the look I wanted and improved the handling

Raven6t9

Noise Pipe Plugs FTW!!!
Car(s)
~MKV GTI~
I was wanting to lower soon too, but I really want coils, but dont have mulah for coils yet, whats the lowest spring out there for a decent price? I want LOW:eyebulge:

Anyone?

And yes, I did search, but only found discussion, not about actual ride height. Im not worried about the ride, I like a stiff ride.

VDubVirus

Euro-Elitist Moderator
Car(s)
2012 A3 S-Line 2.0T
H&R race is between 1.75'' and 2.5'' I think.....around $200 or so. 50%-100% stiffer than stock.

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
Don't do it! You live in the MW cold temps and lowered sucs. Live it be!

Raven6t9

Noise Pipe Plugs FTW!!!
Car(s)
~MKV GTI~
between 1.75 and 2.5 is pretty broad, but thats basically the range Im looking at lowering. I want to get coils later but the lower I can get with springs the better, Thanks virus.
Yeah, I think I'll be fine here, the street arent too bad. On my MK1 I had SUPER STIFF coilovers, like 100% stiffer than sport springs with lo pro's and it was rough, but no bad things happened. I think the spring rating was somewhere around 550-600, so they were STIIIFF. So Im used to looking ahead in the roads for potholes. Thanks a lot guys.:w00t:

Raven6t9

Noise Pipe Plugs FTW!!!
Car(s)
~MKV GTI~
So Virus, what is PNW crew? Im guessing Pacific North West? I could be way off. I was lookin at your crew, but I dont join anything that Im not familiar with. Familiarize me.

Raven6t9

Noise Pipe Plugs FTW!!!
Car(s)
~MKV GTI~
What do you mean to learn off of?:iono:

VDubVirus

Euro-Elitist Moderator
Car(s)
2012 A3 S-Line 2.0T
So Virus, what is PNW crew? Im guessing Pacific North West? I could be way off. I was lookin at your crew, but I dont join anything that Im not familiar with. Familiarize me.

the PNW crew is something heftylefty and I came up with. yes, PNW does stand for Pacific North West. We had an awsome cruise to Ocean Shores, WA last May with 14 MkV GTIs. We did a cruise to leavenworth, WA with 300+ other Euros and a couple of us did fundraiser event called Cruise for a Cure aswell.

I have been in Iraq since early July so things slowed down a bit. We have some exciting plans for when I get back.....somebody has to keep it alive up there.

Back on topic......

I think the broadness of the drop with the Race springs depends on whether or not you have US spec or Euro spec stock springs. I have an '06 and will be puting the H&R race on when I get home...hopefully I get as much of that 2.5'' as I can.

:thumbsup:

Raven6t9

Noise Pipe Plugs FTW!!!
Car(s)
~MKV GTI~
I want to see those when you put them on, that might be the rout I end up going. Id really like to see it. And if youve got room for one more spot anywhere when you have an activity somewhere near Fremont, let me know. Im down. I have yet to even roll with another MKV.:thumbup: