GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

I want a Nardi but.....

Squirt

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Static
I would like to have a Nardi Steering wheel but, I like the steering wheel functions. I really like being able to toggle through the center display and cruise control everything else I can live without. Is their a way to preserve those functions? Is cruise control lost with install of a Nardi!? I did search, all I found was For sale, For trade threads.

Thanks Guys!

Crispy21

Banned
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
The fact theres no airbag should deter you enough

CW08DSG

I don't care.
Car(s)
08 GTI 2dr DSG
The fact theres no airbag should deter you enough

This ^

Aside from potentially losing the steering wheel controls/features, I can't fathom not having the airbag.

I have an aquaintence from another car forum replace his steering wheel with one w/o an air bag. Was in a moderate accident, had some medical issues. His insurance company refused his claim and wouldn't cover a cent of his medical bills. His policy was pretty clear - alterations made to factory installed safety systems were grounds for no coverage.

If you go that route, I'd certainly check with your insurance agent/carrier to get a clarification.

Crispy21

Banned
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
As someone who worked in insurance, i know for a fact if you replaced your steering wheel with one that had no airbag, your claim would 100% be refused. Nardi wheels look nice but not at that sacrifice. Especially if you were in a serious collision, id hate to be dead cuz of a better looking wheel

Squirt

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Static
I live in lala land, that did not even cross my mind.
Thanks guys, I am not going to do the Nardi anymore, fuck having a jacked up face and being in debt for a steering wheel!

GTIIII

WATRUDOIN
No airbag, and in some cases no signals, no traction control, no horn. I have one and i only lost the airbag.