GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

I had a very bad experience with Chapman VW of Scottsdale today

labelskate

Deutschland MKV
Car(s)
mkv gti
Ok so first off, this was for standard basic maintenance. I got new tires under 500 miles ago so I wanted to get a realignment as well as an oil change (10k service). I had an appointment at 1:00pm today with Susann Yourkosk. I bring it in on time at a little after 12:55.

So my girlfriend and I go to lunch at this deli we found in scottsdale, and come back at about 2:30 because she wanted to look at what eos's they had in stock. I was hoping it would be done at about 3, giving that the alignment was quoted at taking an hour and a half, which I felt was a pretty high estimate personally. Anyways, we are done looking at new cars after about an hour and check in on Susann to see where my car is. It soon pulls in to the service lane, still dirty, and the engine is left running. She assures me that they are going to wash it now.

Another FULL HOUR goes by and as I am getting fed up, I get a call from Susann asking me if I left my car parked out here running? I assure her that of course not, and asked her if it was dirty still or not. She says she is unsure (which obviously means, yes, it is still dirty, and that my car had been sitting there sucking down gas for an hour), and then she says "god damnit" and hangs up. Another 15 minutes go by and I see my dirty car drive across the lot to go get washed. soon after it comes back with a streaky car wash and I finally get my key back.

A routine maintenance job at Chapman VW took over 4 hours (1pm-5:15pm) for me today. This is simply unacceptable, and I am tired of being treated like a second class citizen because I don't own a BMW, and that is how my family and I feel like at this dealership. This will be the last time we ever bring this car into Chapman, and we are going to drive the extra 15 miles or so to go to VW north scottsdale as I hear nothing but rave reviews about them all the time.

brekdown29

J-O-O
Car(s)
GTI 7.5
huh, i've used kevin fore service advisor at chapman and he always takes good care of me. NS is also really cool plus they have a much nicer waiting area. i hate shitty dealer experiences though.

Barrett

veeeeeduuub
Car(s)
08 GTI MKV
Omg I almost read all of the thread on VWvortex that you posted, that's crazy!

You deserve an apology from that woman. You're the one paying them, it's weird how people sometimes get that mixed up.

PHX_MKV_GTI

Paperwork is slow...
Car(s)
2008 GTI 6-Speed
I'm new to the PHX metro, and I have heard Scottsdale is the idiots with more money that brains, even from the REAL money in cottsdale, not the young, "look at me, I'm important with daddy's money" people that populate the town. I live in Phoenix, and it's just regular-ass people, with common sense. I hate Scottsdale with a passion, and most of the people in it. It's a grotesque display of materialism in all it's self-centered splendor, LOL.
If anybody is looking for a barely used VW, Audi, ect, LeSueur in Tempe (Curry and Scottsdale Rd.) is the best lot we have ever dealt with, that lady in Snobbsdale should take a lesson from those who actually care about return customers. :)

Mr645

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'08 R32
Next time try a Lexus. Drive in, and 15 minutes later drive out in a loaner, typically a newer version of your car, or a model up. Come back later that day and swap out for your car. Typically they also present you with what it would take to put you in the newer model, or higher model car. No pressure, just

"How did you like the IS350?
I bit nicer than last years 250 you have, huh?
Yea...
Well, if you want, you can pick out an IS350 just like the one you drove, it would require $2700 and your payments would go up $68 a month, let me know if you would like to to get that done for you.
Ok, no thanks.
Ok, have a wonderful evening sir.

BMW service, at least at my local dealer is the reason the 3 series wagon and Mini Clubman were NOT on my shopping list.

Jon

labelskate

Deutschland MKV
Car(s)
mkv gti
my next car is going to be a bmw. they have amazing service at chapman bmw and probably about 10 3 series went in and out for oil changes while my car was their idling in the heat. 2 vw's is more then enough for me.

it sucks how vw dealerships either have a good sales department or a good service department, but never both.

Last edited:

brekdown29

J-O-O
Car(s)
GTI 7.5
I'm new to the PHX metro, and I have heard Scottsdale is the idiots with more money that brains, even from the REAL money in cottsdale, not the young, "look at me, I'm important with daddy's money" people that populate the town. I live in Phoenix, and it's just regular-ass people, with common sense. I hate Scottsdale with a passion, and most of the people in it. It's a grotesque display of materialism in all it's self-centered splendor, LOL.
If anybody is looking for a barely used VW, Audi, ect, LeSueur in Tempe (Curry and Scottsdale Rd.) is the best lot we have ever dealt with, that lady in Snobbsdale should take a lesson from those who actually care about return customers. :)

you should differentiate between a city and the people that inhabit it. personally i love what scottsdale offers. that doesn't mean i love all the people who reside there.

PHX_MKV_GTI

Paperwork is slow...
Car(s)
2008 GTI 6-Speed
you should differentiate between a city and the people that inhabit it. personally i love what scottsdale offers. that doesn't mean i love all the people who reside there.
You're right, I have just see, and heard nothing but bad stories about stupid people sonce I have lived here, i moved here in January.
It's a beautiful city, but I can't stand the people with their nose in the air, and they way they look at somebody like me. I have 7/16" gauged ears, and don't wear Dockers, and I can't even go to Pei Wei without getting stared at like "WTF are you doing in here?"
i make good money, have a nice place, but thats not "Scottsdale-status"