GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

I did it!

Tmsracing37

Boosty McFlamin Job
Car(s)
06 GTI
I put a Boost controller on my mkv gti.Im running 18psi peak 16psi hold.It runs great and i am going to get it dynoed today.

No CEL.

Yeah, but what is your throttle postion and MAF readings doing? I bet is its slowing closing to around 70-80% and MAF levels are not that high. I was messing around with a MBC, for chits and giggles. Yeah been there done that, it doesn't work. I got some awsome boost readings, but to fact the TPS was closing the plate to 70% causing pressure to build up in the intake charge tract, but no air flow to the cylinders. Have logs, If I have time I will post them with my results

Zach L

VR junkie

captain fsi

why cant it be simple!
Car(s)
2007 gti dsg
I dont care if people cant search for it,most said it couldnt be done.

its not a mbc its a EBC.

No throttle closing and a good amount of hp from it.You just have to know how to trick everything into working.

Anything over 18psi it starts to run lean. 242hp @ the wheels 263lb/ft @ 4,500rpm with 18psi(43deg out) and some other modds.

I have it so it dosent build a good amount of boost till 3,000rpm.

going to do some more tunning.........

Tmsracing37

Boosty McFlamin Job
Car(s)
06 GTI
Logs and dyno plots to back up your claims and sorry but doesn't k03 natrually build peak boost around 2500-3200 rpm's

cevMkV

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 UG MkV GTI MT
it starts building boost @ 2,200rpm but dosent build a good amount till 3,000rpm.

You guys can stick with your arp and unitronic tunes ill make my own.

I love my ARP tune:laughabove::laughabove::bellyroll:

Tmsracing37

Boosty McFlamin Job
Car(s)
06 GTI
I am not going to gang up on you and I wish luck, but please get your facts straight and post data, findings, or results to back up such powerful claims. Really, you will learn alot about the mkv platform if you listen.

Last edited:
I put a Boost controller on my mkv gti.Im running 18psi peak 16psi hold.It runs great and i am going to get it dynoed today.

No CEL.

hahahaha wow, this has been discussed so many times. what is there to understand that Vw ecu's are NOT like the ecu's from other cars. Ok so you turned ur boost up with a boost controller, but what about timing and fuel?? didn't think of that, did you?
that's why there are "chips or reflashes" for these cars. o and let me take a guess, you probably bought one of those shitty ass "fuel cut defenders" didn't ya?

Last edited: