GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

HYDE16 Reviews - Whiteline Rear Trailing Arm Front Bushings & Sway Bar End Links

HYDE16

Ready to race!
After the front end was locked down, I wanted to firm up the rear end with Whiteline’s Rear Trailing Arm Front Bushings while at the same time adding the beefy Whiteline Sway Bar End Links to finish it all off. I picked up the parts from Paul at Deutsche Auto Parts who recently added Whiteline products to his online store. The steering rack bushing was ordered in error as this will not work with the MK6 GTI.

Whiteline Rear Trailing Arm Front Bushings Product Description:
Whiteline Plus Control Arm and Trailing Arm Front Bushings provide the softness needed for street driven, low vibration, noise and harshness characteristics, while displaying extreme abrasion, tear and cut resistance, and near-zero compression set at a lower durometer reading of 70-80 (versus most poly bushings 100+ rating). In addition, Whiteline Plus polyurethane bushings are able to be bonded directly to the metal shell, which provide a method of flow control giving the bushing the characteristics of soft ride while on smooth roads, and when under cornering pressure cause the bushing to become firmer for improved suspension performance.

-Ride quality of softer rubber, with the performance of ultra firm polyurethane.
-Long lasting, chemical and oil resistant durability.
-Enhanced steering input, feedback, and road holding stability.
-Increased braking capacities and positive brake pedal feel.
-Permit optimum pinion angle changes reducing differential, tailshaft and/or gearbox failures.
-Reduce take off and driveline shudder under heavy loads

Whiteline Sway Bar End Links Product Description:
Performance sway bar links utilizing a heavy duty steel ball joint ends that adjust & rotate to any angular combination. Eliminate sway bar preload via the light weight aluminum bodies provide 25mm centre to centre length adjustment. Any high performance sway bar kit deserves an upgraded end link assembly that can safely handle sharp curves and aggressive driving both on and off the track. Whiteline performance end links are the perfect complement to any sway bar combination. The stock rubber end link bushings can wear and crack over time, especially under high performance and competitive driving conditions. Whiteline end links feature anodized aluminum turn-buckles and fully adjustable stainless steel rod-ends, allowing you to custom tune your suspension setup to maximize handling performance.

Installation:
I took my car to Redline Speed Worx who recently moved to a brand new, state of the art shop in Green Brook Township, NJ. The shop is truly impressive with the latest lifts, tools, wheel/tire mount and balance machine, recessed lifts and alignment rack and jaw dropping customer showroom. Installation seemed very straightforward and their tech allowed me to snap a few photos during and after the install while the car was up on the lift.

Overall Feedback:
The rear end feels a little more solid when carving through turns and adds a bit of reassurance when throwing the car into bends. With 19” wheels I was expecting a harsher impact or additional NVH when running over bumps or small dips in the road. To be completely honest, I didn’t notice a negative impact when adding these. The rear end feels more solid and stiff but I’m wondering if firming up this bushing allows the spring/strut to more effectively manage suspension travel or compression. Along with the ST rear coilovers and TyrolSport DeadSet Rigid Rear Subframe Collar Kit, adding these Rear Trailing Arm Front Bushings has completed the rear end.

I couldn’t feel any difference with the addition of the sway bar end links but they look great and are way beefier when compared to the OEM end links which had 50K miles on them. After a quick alignment, I am completely satisfied with these incremental changes in the suspension which is now complete.

kruegernaut

I'm from Detroit, Man...
Nice review as always, HYDE. I am contemplating the trailing arm situation. Im on the fence of doing stock, or after market. As for the end links. Totally love them. In my case they firmed up my rear end a bit. I had to fuss with them a little the first week. The lock nuts came loose, but after that no issues.

kruegernaut

I'm from Detroit, Man...
HYDE, How are those trailing arm bushings treating you now that you have been running them for a few weeks? Any excessive harshness or noise?

HYDE16

Ready to race!
HYDE, How are those trailing arm bushings treating you now that you have been running them for a few weeks? Any excessive harshness or noise?

Honestly, I really forgot they were in, I'm not realizing any additional harshness and the rear end feels really taught with the Tyrol rear subframe kit and these trailing arm bushings. When I held the bushings in my hand they were really still a soft durometer and still somewhat flexible.

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
Deep down inside I was hoping you would have gone with the 034 spherical bushings instead of the Whiteline bushing.
I have the Whiteline rear adjustable endlinks and wish I would have bought the 034 rear endlinks too.

I have the steering rack bushing installed and didnt notice any difference after its install.
Granted I installed the steering rack bushing very evarly on with my mods and I got it cheap from a guy in the local VW club that never installed it on his car. Im hoping the bushing was beneficial in combination with my bajillion mods as a system.

kruegernaut

I'm from Detroit, Man...
I almost got the 034 end links, but I found a deal on the whitelines and decided to nab them. The 034's look really nice though. As for spherical for the trailing arm bushing, I am fascinated by that. There is a thread (that I cant seem to find at the moment), that discusses the benefit of spherical over poly in that specific location due to the arch movement nature of the rear suspension. Noise is the downside, but I think anybody really looking at doing these types of mod's is not overly concerned with a little mod noise.

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
I think a lot of the noise and harshness from spherical bushigns really depends on the application. In the case of our rear trailing bushigns the arms should only be moving up and down and with ANY type of poly or rubber bushing there is going to be horizontal and vertical movement whereas the spherical bushign would eliminate that.
I had the BSH rear endlinks an they were super chatty, but again the endllinks were made to move and wiggle in varying directtions cuasing the noise. Plus the BSH endlinks werent adjustable and caused me to put my suspension under preload in order to install them, which is why I ditched them for the Whiteline.
I dont like the Whitelines as both ends are adjustable whereas the 034 has one fixed end which will get rid of the chance of the endlinks loosening and throwing your adjustment out of whack.

kruegernaut

I'm from Detroit, Man...
After dealing with the whitelines coming loose a few times, that does make the 034 endlinks more attractive. I did finally get my whitelines to stay tight, but, its worth noting, it was a bit of an issue at first.

GTIRaider

Go Kart Champion
I had the same issue on the whitelines for my front struts, they were very chatty. I found out there was a lot of play in them until I extended them to their maximum if not a little more than what maybe recommended by whiteline. Also I did have an issue of them working loose a couple of times but hasn't been much of a problem for over a year now.

I think the one thing I dislike about the whiteline is the low grade nut they put on the kit. With the street grit that builds up in them and then trying to loosen and re-tighten them back up has caused them to almost completely become rounded. I've replaced two of the 4 nuts but haven't spent much time looking for the other reverse thread ones.

The 034 Spherical bearing kit looks interesting, I do tend to fell the rear of my car is a bit loose in feeling, even more so on interstate speeds. I do wonder does SuperPro have anything like this kit or is 034 the better choice to go with?