GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

how to get nxt wax off of plastic parts

agpatel

Touring Car Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI MkV
isopropylene alcohol on a rag and whipe it off, will take wax off the paint also so just rewax that area if you get it on the paint.

Wiely

Banned
get a detail brush, or a paint brush, and some spray detailer works good because it wont strip wax off paint, but any cleaner will work. spay some on the spot on the plastic and dab the brush straight down on it kind of in a stabbing motion, and it will work the wax out of the textured surface, and then just wipe clean.

the brush is also good for removing residue/dust out of cracks, wrap the metal part with tape to avoid scratches.

l00ps

good luck on this one, its a bitch. I just ended up buying mother back to black, it makes them look like new but not at all greasy and cheap like armor all.

Icranon

Sold my GTI 4 Mustang
Car(s)
08 Mustang gt/cs
yeah i will have to try all of those see which one works best, my friend and i did both our cars on sunday and i just see the spots on my car this morning. also he has a pontiac g5, and it was on parts of his car too.

Wiely

Banned
using a brush and some quick detailer is so damn easy, try it! you really oughta be using a detail brush when waxing anyways, it looks like shit when there is wax in the cracks and everything:thumbsup:

Wiely

Banned
i know my description probably sounded pretty weird, but thats the way i was taught by some of south florida's best.

fukendubbin

I know this sounds crazy but peanut butter it works. You should see the looks on your friends faces when you go inside and get the peanut butter when they tell you they got wax all over the black plastic bits on there car.

Icranon

Sold my GTI 4 Mustang
Car(s)
08 Mustang gt/cs
on sunday my friend and I use 409 to get all the wax off. It worked really well then we when and got some armor all and shined it up. like to thank every1 for there suggestions.

MachGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Quick Detailer and a MF towel. Spray,rub, be happy :)
Sorry, didn't see you fixed the prob. Nice job!