GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How rare are these GTIs?

dvdre

Where is pancakes house?
I am always amazed at how few GTIs I see on the highway. In the last week I drove about 175 miles from Charlotte to Edisto Beach, S.C. That takes you through Columbia, a college town. I saw ZERO GTIs on the trip down.

I saw one Candy White two-door GTI parked at Edisto Beach. I saw a couple Golfs here and there, and several Passats (zzzzz).

I saw ZERO GTIs on the return trip home to Charlotte.

That means I saw one GTI in 350 miles of driving. And ... ZERO Audi A3s.

I probably saw 10 Honda Elements, maybe six or seven Honda Fits, probably 50 Toyota Yarises. Tons of BMWs and Audi A4s.

GTIs are pretty rare around here.

TORNADORED08

-Matt "Doubles" McAlpine
Car(s)
08 GTI, and 07 MINI
I only saw one GTI, it was UG on i-80 going to and from ny-indiana, which is 1500 or so miles both ways, and he didnt even look over after i caught up, some old guy who wasnt interested

RickR

Passed Driver's Ed
I see a fair amount of GTI's. I just went from Chicago to Kenora, ON, (750 miles) and I saw 5-6 GTI's both ways. When I'm driving around here in northern IL, I see a couple a week. I don't think I've seen an A3 on the road before, though.

Blocko

Rabblerouser
There are a fair number in the Lower Mainland I see 3-4 a day just driving between Langley to Vancouver.

mose6161

OUT OF COMMISION
Car(s)
MK5 GTI
i drive 400 miles from VT to western NY pretty often. i think in total, i've seen 3 GTIs. that is in about 6000 miles of driving.

i've seen 1 fahrenheit GTI in person (not at a dealer) and 1 GLI as well.

Uberhatch

Ready to race!
Your not alone. As per my observations driving in los angeles I almost Never see GTIs. I see, tons of 3-series 5s all the newest lexus's + benzes, Prius's every other car, Mazda 3s and honda's, audis of course everywhere. GTI's would be near the bottom of the list with vettes lambos the lotus etc. Maybe not quite as rare but pretty close with only a few spottings a month.

DankCIA

BYOB
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI FSI
There aren't as many GTI's out there as you would think. Before I got my car I always thought 'I see alot of VW's around' but now that i'm driving my GTI I realize 98% of those VW's are jettas.

I see a one or two GTI's a week during my work commute, but on the highways it's almost non-existent. Seem to be a lot more GTI's driving around the city vs highway.

VDubVirus

Euro-Elitist Moderator
Car(s)
2012 A3 S-Line 2.0T
I never see GTIs anywhere.

minera16

yea i got my gti like 2-3 months ago and no one in my town or school had one i never saw one in my town. a week after i got mine i saw a brand new black mkv around the block from my house. ive seen liek 2 around now

the_brain

I am Sofa King Awesome
Car(s)
hopes and dreams
theres a lot of dubs here in nyc. i see a lot more mkvs then older models. if i had to say i see at least 2-3 mkv gti's a week.