GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

how much torque on tsi

TSSSI

John...
Car(s)
Seat Leon Mk2
hello...

does anyone know how much torque can handle a tsi engine with stock internals???

a friend of me with seat leon mk2 1.8tsi reached with k04 on it :eyebulge: 475nm@3000rpm :eyebulge: with only 1.6 bar overboost and 314BHP @ 5900rpm with 1.2bar @ redline (7200rpm)

TSSSI

John...
Car(s)
Seat Leon Mk2
over 9000!!!

what do you mean with 9000... if you dont think it is real what I say I can post the link of the forum thread and you can see the first dyno on maha with 458nm torque and 314 BHP!!!

Last edited:
no lol "over 9000" is an internet meme, like a joke lol, its from dragonball z, when nappa asks vegeta about goku's power level, vegeta yells out, "ITS OVER 9000!!!", haha

TSSSI

John...
Car(s)
Seat Leon Mk2
no lol "over 9000" is an internet meme, like a joke lol, its from dragonball z, when nappa asks vegeta about goku's power level, vegeta yells out, "ITS OVER 9000!!!", haha

:bellyroll::bellyroll::bellyroll::help::help::help::help::help:

Red-2009-GTI

Ready to race!
All stock you can live with 300 ft/lbs torque which is what several Stage 2+ tuned GTI are running around with. Probably more, but for a dailly driver/weekend warrior I would not push any more on stock internals. The guys who run these cars at Stage 2 and Stage 3 can tell you for sure.

I drive a Mk5 TSI at Stage 1 plus myself and happy with it, but the Big Turbo allure is not off my radar, and BSH is only 15 miles away......

TSSSI

John...
Car(s)
Seat Leon Mk2
All stock you can live with 300 ft/lbs torque which is what several Stage 2+ tuned GTI are running around with. Probably more, but for a dailly driver/weekend warrior I would not push any more on stock internals. The guys who run these cars at Stage 2 and Stage 3 can tell you for sure.

I drive a Mk5 TSI at Stage 1 plus myself and happy with it, but the Big Turbo allure is not off my radar, and BSH is only 15 miles away......

wow... 300ft/lbs are 406.8nm... hm...

Szczur33

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
All stock you can live with 300 ft/lbs torque which is what several Stage 2+ tuned GTI are running around with. Probably more, but for a dailly driver/weekend warrior I would not push any more on stock internals.

so with stage two you need to stronger internals? if i am not mistaking the stage 2 increases hp and torque gain by 10% as well as masks the cell thrown by the dp. that would push it above 300 hp right?

TSSSI

John...
Car(s)
Seat Leon Mk2
so with stage two you need to stronger internals? if i am not mistaking the stage 2 increases hp and torque gain by 10% as well as masks the cell thrown by the dp. that would push it above 300 hp right?

no... but my friend has k04 on a 1.8tsi with custom ecu tuning... next week he will post the finaly ecu tuning with a new dyno... he told me... they tested 1,7 bar (25psi) overboost and reached 495nm and b/c of the big torque they reprogrammed it to max 1,6 bar (23psi).

the problem is that nobody has ever opend a tsi engine to see what strokes and pistons are in this engine... I only opend my engine b/c of a pistoncrash and I forgotten to look what is in the engine. I am searching now to find my fotos from the replacment.

GolfRS

Banned
A HIGHLY tuned 2.0 TFSI reaches a MAX of 490 Nm with a K04.

I doubt the 1.8 can reach that amount of torque with 200 cc less...

Maybe he got a bit mixed up....

Oh and in the dyno the maximum torque is 458 Nm....

TSSSI

John...
Car(s)
Seat Leon Mk2
A HIGHLY tuned 2.0 TFSI reaches a MAX of 490 Nm with a K04.

I doubt the 1.8 can reach that amount of torque with 200 cc less...

Maybe he got a bit mixed up....

Oh and in the dyno the maximum torque is 458 Nm....

yes its right, the torque of 458nm he had reached with 1,55 bar overboost and 1.1 bar @ redline with 11:1 AFR and dont forget, its a TSI and not a TFSI... the TSI is more torquey as the older TFSI!!! next week I will post his final setup... he told me he will reach about 330 BHP and will never go over 460nm to protect the engine. the clutch smels on the dyno with so much torque and he is now searching if the clutch of the cupra or s3 will fit

GolfRS

Banned
yes its right, the torque of 458nm he had reached with 1,55 bar overboost and 1.1 bar @ redline with 11:1 AFR and dont forget, its a TSI and not a TFSI... the TSI is more torquey as the older TFSI!!! next week I will post his final setup... he told me he will reach about 330 BHP and will never go over 460nm to protect the engine. the clutch smels on the dyno with so much torque and he is now searching if the clutch of the cupra or s3 will fit

I have the "older" TFSI you say, and i made 487 Nm with a K04 and 1.8 bar overboost....

So i hope you are joking....

TSSSI

John...
Car(s)
Seat Leon Mk2
No I am not joking... You will see when the first 2.0tsi in your area will work with an k04 tha the new technology of this engine has much more torque as the older tfsi and that b/c the intake camshaft of tsi is not agressiv (180 degrese) and is programable... We reached with k03 410nm torque on the 1.8tsi with 1.45 overboost!

GolfRS

Banned
No I am not joking... You will see when the first 2.0tsi in your area will work with an k04 tha the new technology of this engine has much more torque as the older tfsi and that b/c the intake camshaft of tsi is not agressiv (180 degrese) and is programable... We reached with k03 410nm torque on the 1.8tsi with 1.45 overboost!

Technology is good, but somethings cannot change...

1.8 bar of boost (that's 0.45 bar more than what you say) and
200cc more engine volume make 480-490 Nm...

Do you really think ANY technology can make that with a 1800cc engine ??

Camshafts are there to allow more air in an engine.They don't magically make horsepower.You must have a sufficient amount of air (1.55 vs 1.8 bar) and sufficient cylinder volume (2000 cc) to make torque OR power.

P.S.Oh, and my area is your area....

TSSSI

John...
Car(s)
Seat Leon Mk2
Ok all I wrote here is from a greece programmer and if you know the same boost with different camshafts is a big difference to how mach air is filling the cylinders that means you need with agressive camshaft much more boost to fill the same air in the cylinders as if you have less agressiv camshafts b/c boost is not=g/s and with more agressive camshafts there is less time to fill as with less agressive camshafts that means you need more boost to fill in less time the same air as with less agressive camshafts

Last edited: