GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How much more stress? (ignore the other thread)

How much more stress?

• 0%~25%

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • 25%~50%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50%~75%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 75%~100%

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters

KharatosGTI

Rally Car Newbie
Will you put on the car (steering system, chasis, various mounts, interior bits, etc etc etc) with a set of name brand coilovers like H&R or Blistein lowered to half-finger to one-finger gap over a period of, say, 5 years? BTW it's under equal driving conditions (normal road use).

Bouston

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
2006 Subaru STI
That's hard to say considering no one has them yet :iono:

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
Can I get some springs to drop it an inch and keep the rest of the suspension factory stock? Wouldn't this still stiffin' up the steering wheel response and improve cornering? The GTI is borderline crossover type vehicle by the time it comes to the states. I sent VW an email to see if their drivergear.com Eibach springs for lowering allow the suspension and all to still carry the factory warranty since it's coming from them. I also asked if they would fit on the 06. Anybody? Sorry to thread jack but it's along the same topic.

the_saint

Touring Car Champion
KharatosGTI said:
Will you put on the car (steering system, chasis, various mounts, interior bits, etc etc etc) with a set of name brand coilovers like H&R or Blistein lowered to half-finger to one-finger gap over a period of, say, 5 years? BTW it's under equal driving conditions (normal road use).
Damn, you're getting hammered over there on the 'Tex...yeesh

I'm not an expert, and your question is pretty vague. But I will go out on a limb and say that aftermarket suspension should not accellerate wear and tear very much. Unless you get a coilover set that has some absurdly high spring rates...then you might rattle the car apart.

But if you take car of the car and do not drive it into the ground you should be ok.

*for future reference, do not measure with fingers, use a measuring tape or a ruler. Something that will give you standardized units. :thumbsup: