GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How do I remove DSG stick on paddle shift extensions?

nickygym

Ready to race!
I currently have some stick on paddle shift extensions on my car and no longer want them. How would I remove them from the car without damage my OEM paddles.

SuperSkyline89

Das Schiesse
Car(s)
2008 CW GTI
If they're stuck on with 3M adhesive use a hair dryer to soften it and a plastic knife to scrap it off

nickygym

Ready to race!
So I used a hair dryer to get the paddles off, however there is now a sticky residue left behind that I can't remove. I tried to use nail polish remover on one of the paddles and that kinda worked, however it also screwed up the plastics color. Any recommendations on how to get the residue off? I tried heating and then scrubbing it, but it doesn't work.

nickygym

Ready to race!
I ended up just using the nail polish remover in the paddles. It messed up the color on the back of the paddles, but no one looks back there. The nail polish remover removed the stickiness, so at least it doesn't feel sticky any more.

nickygym

Ready to race!
I only spend around 1 hour on the paddles. It wasn't too hard to access the position. And I have no idea how to remove the steering wheel. Lol. It turned out pretty good. You can't see or feel any thing wrong with the paddles now