GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hooking up my new PS2 Slim to my Navi with Dietz VAG adapter!;)

quailallstar

WOB DJ496
Car(s)
MY19 MK7.5 GTI Bunny
Just ordered the Dietz PAL/NTSC video adapter. I can hook up an external video source and watch/listen to it through the navigation system AUX feature. :thumbup:

All the adapter needs to work is ground and 12v power. As for the PS2 slim, im going to mount it where the owners manual goes in the glove box and will be powered by a 12v power inverter.

When I receive it, I will make a DIY and include pictures....

Here is the item:

https://euro-parts.us/product.php?productid=16157&cat=254&page=1

quailallstar

WOB DJ496
Car(s)
MY19 MK7.5 GTI Bunny
Yup it is made for the OEM VW navi unit. I'll keep you all posted.

srbsta

Banned
Car(s)
2006 Volkswagen GTI
should be sweet

quailallstar

WOB DJ496
Car(s)
MY19 MK7.5 GTI Bunny
should be sweet

Yuppers! I just purchased the slim ps2 (sold my ps2 back to EBGAMES) last night.. Im amazed how small it is.. wow

quailallstar

WOB DJ496
Car(s)
MY19 MK7.5 GTI Bunny
I might go with wireless ones. Would I need to buy another RF eye thing? Or do the wireless remotes work with the built in RF eye?

I remember the older ps2 I had to buy a add-on eye for the RF to work with the remote.

GTI2007

No, you normally get a connector like with your wired controller to put in one of the 2 holes where normally you put the connector for the controllers in.

Found a pic of a Logitech wireless controller with the connector on it:

GTIMacV

Unrated
Did your adapter work? Would you mind posting details?

Just ordered the Dietz PAL/NTSC video adapter. I can hook up an external video source and watch/listen to it through the navigation system AUX feature. :thumbup:

All the adapter needs to work is ground and 12v power. As for the PS2 slim, im going to mount it where the owners manual goes in the glove box and will be powered by a 12v power inverter.

When I receive it, I will make a DIY and include pictures....

Here is the item:

https://euro-parts.us/product.php?productid=16157&cat=254&page=1