GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Honda owners want a bit of VW technology

smashingpimp01

Back on L.I.
I don't know how they can say driving a GTI is boring and that it's not as much fun as driving an SI. My firned has an 07 SI and that thing is so slow and so boring to drive. Plus the interior is mad cheesy. None of those guys know what they're talking about apparently.
Last time i checked a GTI is faster than an SI

f_399

07 GTI and 06 Passat
stock for stock they are about even, si might even be faster

boring to drive because there is no torque but they are as quick as a stock gti

and i dont know about vtec but some form of variable valve timing and lift control would be cool

Andaris

TMV
Car(s)
Civic Si
I don't know how they can say driving a GTI is boring and that it's not as much fun as driving an SI. My firned has an 07 SI and that thing is so slow and so boring to drive. Plus the interior is mad cheesy. None of those guys know what they're talking about apparently.
Last time i checked a GTI is faster than an SI

Yeah don't offended by that, there are close minded people. By saying that though you are being like them.

Lucidity

Marx
The people on there are pretty fucking stupid. They act like they are driving some type of Porsche or Ferrari. They keep calling themselves purists and what not, but they drive a freaking Honda. A civic no less, the bland, absolutely no character car that everyone and their grandmother owns one. Seriously I don't care if it is an Si, at least I am in touch with the fact that I drive a sweet dressed up Rabbit. The Si isn't a sports car. It's a grocery getter with no torque, horrid interior and exterior design, and a really unreliable gearbox.

I really like the one guy who talks about not having any driving aids... he should go out looking for a model t, now that's a purist car.

smashingpimp01

Back on L.I.
i liked how everyone was saying that they like that the SI only comes in manuals because it keeps a lot of people away and keeps it strictly an enthusiast's car. They act like you have to get some sort of degree to drive stick lol. It only takes about 2 hours on a beater car and all of a sudden your qualified to drive a "purists" car.
lol

Andaris

TMV
Car(s)
Civic Si
The people on there are pretty fucking stupid. They act like they are driving some type of Porsche or Ferrari. They keep calling themselves purists and what not, but they drive a freaking Honda. A civic no less, the bland, absolutely no character car that everyone and their grandmother owns one. Seriously I don't care if it is an Si, at least I am in touch with the fact that I drive a sweet dressed up Rabbit. The Si isn't a sports car. It's a grocery getter with no torque, horrid interior and exterior design, and a really unreliable gearbox.

I really like the one guy who talks about not having any driving aids... he should go out looking for a model t, now that's a purist car.

Well having been on both sides of the issue, some emphasis on some, VW owners are pretty ridiculous as well. How may times have a heard OMGZ I drive a GERMAN CAR IMZ SO MUCH betters.. If f_399 made a thread saying "I want VTEC" Some people on here would have a major trip. It's all relative, some of the posts are actually positive that was the point I was trying to make. If I sit there and pick out the ignorant close minded bastards I miss the point.

Ps: My car is not that bland :(

SoNgMaN

I Void Warranties
Car(s)
2010 4dr UG TDI HL
the next 2.0t is going to have electronic lift. or so it has been reported the BBCE engine or whatever going in the mk6. it's in the A4 already.

julito04

I plead the fif.
Car(s)
08 WRX Limited
I dig your car, Andaris. Everyone hates on the "tourqless wonder" bc of its no torque but yet it keeps up with the boosted cars without needing boost. Hmmmm... so it must not be that slow eh...