GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

hit the curb

bz_2.0T

Ready to race!
last night i accidentally hit the curb needless to say my front right huff is fucked totally which is the least of my worries right now. now if i hold the car's steering wheel straight it pulls hard right, i have to drive while holding the steering at an angel i took the car to the dealer today got my winter tires and rims and told them about the accident they told me that they have to put it on an alignment machine to find out whats wrong, which would cost $160 alone

im almost certain that its just not alignment and im worried that i've bent suspension arm. however, there arent any noises or roughness to it

can someone recommend a good mechanic that i can take the car to? somewhere that you have experience with?

thanks!

SoNgMaN

I Void Warranties
Car(s)
2010 4dr UG TDI HL
how hard did you hit it?

RedRabidRabbit

I want FREE HAM!!
Get the car fixed, alignment doesn't just go out that far instantly, something is definately bent, please get it fixed before you make it worse.

SoNgMaN

I Void Warranties
Car(s)
2010 4dr UG TDI HL
isnt there a thread listing the local auto mechanic shops? i tried searching but no luck

stickied at the top of this forum

wendal

MKV5555
Car(s)
CW.MKV
funny how this happened to me last year. whenit was snowing. i was playing around in my rsx and i did i slide on a left turn. i was sliding and sliding and i hitthe curb. about 30km?ish? and my rear was all bent. the arm was busted so i had to get it replaced. cause me 1k........ well anohter great lesson learned. you should bring to check and replace if possible, your arm might be bent.

rsquadGTi

Most Hated Hater...
Car(s)
W204 C63/Porsche 911
last night i accidentally hit the curb needless to say my front right huff is fucked totally which is the least of my worries right now. now if i hold the car's steering wheel straight it pulls hard right, i have to drive while holding the steering at an angel i took the car to the dealer today got my winter tires and rims and told them about the accident they told me that they have to put it on an alignment machine to find out whats wrong, which would cost $160 alone

im almost certain that its just not alignment and im worried that i've bent suspension arm. however, there arent any noises or roughness to it

can someone recommend a good mechanic that i can take the car to? somewhere that you have experience with?

thanks!

GTEK Auto is my performance mechanic works on my Mercedes, 911 and my VW.

Give him a ring his name is Jack www.gtekauto.com Tell him Pierre referred you.

Post a pic of your wheel. I'm pretty sure my buddy Rick at Precision Rim can fix it easy. He fixed my buddy's Volk TE37 forged wheel... He hit the curb sideways at 60km and the limp folded flat the the spokes. It balanced and looked like new after he was done with it.