GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Highest average MPG reading on your MkV GTI

VDUBB

Rally Car Newbie
I dont know if anybody else does this, but whenever I drive I always have the display on average MPG. I do it for several reasons: 1) To see which gas stations are crap, cuz sometimes I fill up on 93 octane and will only get up to 17 mpg. 2) I just want to see how high I can get the average mpg, kind of like a game. But sometimes I just dont give a f*ck and do 13 mpg.

I've gotten up to 34.5 mpg (average) driving mostly in 6th gear with some primo juice.

jerm5

69=dinner for 2
haha i was gonna start one of these, ive seen 56 when i set the cruise control and leave it at 40 mph in 6th on this same straight i take home, but ive noticed if youre in 6th and you let off gently you can get it to hit 180, but only for a brief second

DubDriver17

Oval Newbie
I hit like 260 for a millisecond

joshuausf

Joshuausf
Car(s)
VW GTI 4-door
I get about 22-24 never above 25 because on long trips I take my wifes prius that gets 45 mpg

Th Stig

Passed Driver's Ed
Now that it sleeps in the garage ... and the drive to work is only 4 miles ... my average in town is up to the 23 - 24 range.

We've been to SoCal and to Chicago in the past couple of months averaging 31-32 on these trips.

Oh, it lives in Des Moines ... thus the recent cold weather had been hurting the first thing / early morning mileage when still parked outside.

...edit ... UPS man just delivered my first mod ... clear side marker lenses!

Last edited:

MC.R

my highest has been 21... so i have a heavy foot... but on cruise last night just to see i set it to 65mph on a relatively flat area and it register 34.8mpg and the lowest it dipped to up some small grades was 27

Syxx Shotter

Has an "S" on his chest
--- < thats what it said; best I can figure is that at this point the car is running on motivation alone. "I think I can, I think I can" said the little GTI

crabpot

Awesomesauce
Some of you are talking about instant MPG reading, the OP is talking about the AVERAGE MPG reading. I usually have my MFD set to average MPG and I would say on my 22 mile drive to work I am usually averaging 29 MPG.

GTI_NY

Ready to race!
i got 37.4 on the way to work 1/2 highway 1/2 city. 30 min drive.... never went over 2,000 rpms until 6th gear.

joshuausf

Joshuausf
Car(s)
VW GTI 4-door
I don't know about you but if I wanted good gas milage I would have bought a hybrid. I don't know how some of you are getting in the uper 20s with my mods I have never gotten above 25.

Uthor

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'07 GTI - Pk1 - Silv
Before December, I've averaged 25.8 mpg combined (short hops to work and a 300 mile round trip every two or three weeks, mostly). Since December, it's been 23 mpg and it keeps getting worse as winter rolls on.

My personal best on a fill up has been 35.9 mpg, but I can't seem to repeat that. I only did 60 miles between fillups (left for Chicago, stopped an hour later to top off because it was at the cheapest station around and I needed the break). On that stretch, I did right around 60 mph with the windows up and A/C off. Of done that stretch many times since and can't seem to break 30 mpg. I must have had a tail wind.

I don't know about you but if I wanted good gas milage I would have bought a hybrid. I don't know how some of you are getting in the uper 20s with my mods I have never gotten above 25.

If I wanted crap gas mileage, I would have gotten a big V-8. I got a car with a turbo 4-banger because I can still get good gas mileage when I don't feel like getting on it. I like 30 mpg on the short trip to work and then the 20 mpg when I decide to play around on a back road.